Muni Bond Traders Idled by Ennui, Bide Time as Treasuries Fall Again
- Munis Weaken as Treasury Losses Mount. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/13/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32360, p2
The article reports on the market performance of the municipal bonds as of April 12, 2006 in the U.S. The municipal bonds market has weakened due to the deepening losses in government securities, which broke the confidence of trading participants in the U.S. According to George Goncalves,...
- Treasuries Rally After Weaker-Than-Expected Regional Report. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32041, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market finished higher on Thursday and bid-ask spreads narrowed after Treasuries rallied on the back of a weaker-than-expected regional manufacturing report. With only an abbreviated Friday session left before the end of the year, traders said...
- Treasury 30-Year Bonds Go At 3.092% High Yield. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F344, p1
The Treasury Department Thursday auctioned $16 billion of 30-year bonds with a 3% coupon at a 3.092% high yield, a price of 98.209695.
- Muni Prices Sink Lower as Treasuries Extend Losses. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32332, p2
The article reports that participants in bond market continued to adjust their bids and lower their offerings with Treasuries extending their losses for the third straight session and the yield on the benchmark 10-year note hitting a four-month in the United States. Municipal bond yields...
- Mixed Munis'Kind of All Over the Place'. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/1/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33292, p2
The article reports on the activities in the bond markets amidst light to moderate secondary trading activity in April 2010 in New York City. According to a New York City trader, he is seeing some gains in spots depending on what one is trading. In addition, the Treasury market demonstrated...
- Munis Edge Higher on Strong Demand; Florida DOT Offers $300 Million Deal. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31921, p2
Reports that municipal bonds moved slightly higher amid continuous strong demand linked to seasonal reinvestment flows in the U.S. Failure of Treasuries to provide a definitive direction; Focus of the government bond market on the five-year auction; Deal won by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.
- Municipals Hold Onto Their Firm Tone Amid Treasury Bond Market Volatility. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;09/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30969, p2
Reports on the decision of municipal bond traders in the United States to participate in trading activities despite volatile market conditions. Initial popularity of government bonds in early trading; Performance of contracts in debt futures market; Concerns related to the volatile market...
- Muni Prices Rise; Yields Weaken as Much as 5 bps. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;8/25/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34366, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds strengthened with Treasuries through mid-session, traders said, with yields on some maturities weakening by as much as five basis points.
- Scarce Calendar, Seasonal Demand Unable to Rouse Munis, Which Fall. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/23/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32036, p2
The article focuses on the U.S. municipal bond market which finished little changed to a touch easier, as minor losses in Treasuries translated into lower prices on the bid side, despite tight technical conditions created by lack of supply, and seasonal reinvestment demand. A trader in New York...