New York Start4e HFA Lines Up Possible Swap for $310M Deal
- An Open Door for Swaps. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p1
Reports that administrative agencies involved in interest rates swaps have entered the derivatives market in New York City under the influence of finance legislation. Significant development in the interest rates swaps; Improvement in the debt management; Reduction in borrowing costs.
- Texas county, hospital district weigh suit over bad advice on swap deal. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p3
Reports that the El Paso County Hospital District and the government of El Paso County, Texas, have considered filing a lawsuit against a law firm that advised them to enter an interest rate swap agreement that was declared illegal by the state Attorney General's Office. Controversies arising...
- Swaps drop as base rate rise moves further away. Norman, Tessa // Mortgage Strategy;5/9/2011, p8
The article reports on the performance of swap rates in April 2011 as market expectations of an interest rate rise before the end of the year diminish, which fell by almost 0.4 percent from 3.05 percent on April 5 to 2.66 percent on May 5.
- Asymmetric Information and Interest Rate Swaps. Sharma, Maneesh // American Business Review;May94, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p76
Discusses findings of a study which showed that information asymmetry may influence the growth in interest rate swaps. Lowering of the default risk premium to maximize the equity holder's wealth; Relationship between asymmetry of information and the resultant usage of swap; Market information...
- Deriving insights into derivatives. Rousseau, Roland // Finweek;3/20/2008, Special section p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Willi Jonker on how sub-prime risks emerged and finally overflowed and another one by Tanja Tippett on interest rate swaps.
- Interest rate swap founds an interesting case. // Lawyer (Online Edition);2/22/2013, p35
The article mentions a situation in which a banking deal can be done and financial arrangements can be discussed in relation to the interest rate swap.
- Neb. HFA Eyes Swap Safety. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/15/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33433, p1
The article reports on the Nebraska Investment Finance Authority (NIFA's) move that aimed at helping the authority manage swap risk in Nebraska. It states that NIFA faces a potential problem with debt that is hedged with interest-rate swaps and prepares two-part sale to aid manage swap risk. A...
- Penn. HFA's Historic Year. cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32046, p1
The article reports that the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (HFA) has sold a record amount of single-family housing debt in 2004, relying on interest rate swaps, more aggressive marketing, and increased networking to help it battle with commercial mortgage lenders. The Pennsylvania HFA sold...
- Interest Rate Swaps Growing in Popularity Among HFAs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/26/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31168, p4
Reports on the use of interest rate swaps by state housing finance agencies in the United States. Implications for investors and the housing bond market; Single-family swaps.