Cooking, Faith Titles Dominate New York Times Advice & Misc. List
- Book Title Output Slips in 1988. Selsky, Deborah // Library Journal;3/15/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p30
Reports on mass-market paperback publishing which fell steeply by 23 percent in 1988. How the United States ranks third in title output among all book-producing countries; India experiencing fastest growth; Role of Book Industry Study Group.
- Publisher Scorecards. // Book Publishing Report;5/3/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p7
Reports on the ranking of publishing companies in the paperback fiction list in the U.S. Top-seller books published by the Bantam imprint of Random House; Rank of HarperCollins; Tie between Holtzbrinck and Time Warner for fifth place.
- New Developments at Digital New Ventures. REID, CALVIN // Publishers Weekly;8/10/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 32, p28
The article discusses the effort of several start up book retailers to look for investors and adopt business models to help them survive in the digital marketplace in the U.S. Overview of several book retailers which are struggling to secure funds from investors to finance their digital formats...
- Reviews for Sale. Fialkoff, Francine // Library Journal;11/1/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 18, p8
The article presents an editorial on the launch of two new review services by Kirkus. The cash-challenged publication, with a circulation under 3000, will now offer publishers the ability to "self-select" titles for review, old or new, "conventionally published, self-published, e-published and...
- Remaking mass-market. MacDonald, Scott // Quill & Quire;Jun2005, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p17
The article reports that in recent years, mass-market paperback sales have been declining at a precipitous rate, to the point where traditional booksellers have pretty much banished them from display shelves in favour of hardcovers and trade paperbacks. The format is still big with non-book...
- Returns To Continue Plaguing Religious Book Market. // Book Publishing Report;12/20/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p3
This article focuses on religious book market. The religious book sector is still expected to grow, but the returns will likely continue to increase due to a saturated market. The October sales figures compiled by the American Association of Publishers (New York) raised some questions when the...
- Building Your Digital Edition Circulation. Mickey, Bill // Audience Development;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p11
The article focuses on establishing a digital edition circulation. It states that publishers need to eliminate the confusion still prevailing with digital magazines, then offer the kind of information customers seek in the way customers would like to see it. The article cites that shifting...
- The Glue & The Enabler. Le Pla, Ruth // NZ Marketing Magazine;Aug2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p18
Discusses how Pip Elliott transformed 'The New Zealand Herald.' Operations of the newspaper company; Strategies implemented by Elliott for sales and marketing; Views on the role and ability of Elliott; Results of Elliott's efforts.
- Fire on the Rhine. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;7/12/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 28, p10
Deals with the publishing industry in Germany. Number of book titles which are published annually; Practices of the country's publishing houses; Status of the German book market.