People In The News
- More Canada for OUP. Nersessian, Mary // Quill & Quire;Dec2004, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p11
The article discusses the marketing strategy that the new vice president of Oxford University Press (OUP) would adopt in Canada. OUP Canada's centennial might be remembered for marking a move away from representing imported titles from the U.S. and Great Britain to publishing more homegrown...
- Kurdyla to Join Scarecrow. // Publishers Weekly;8/11/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 32, p120
Reports on the appointment of Edward Kurdyla as publisher and editorial director of Scarecrow Press. Career of background of Kurdyla; Reason of the company for appointing Kurdyla for the post.
- Must-Have Metrics. Mickey, Bill // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Dec2009, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p18
The article suggests certain metrics for the publishers that will help them in directing digital strategy and satisfying the marketing partners. According to Jason Revzon, vice president (VP) of interactive at Taunton Press, bounce rate is one of the most vital metrics which divides the people...
- Candlewick's 2005 Revenue Climbs 40%; "Ology" Series Leads. // Book Publishing Report;4/17/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p1
The article reports that the revenue of Candlewick Press, a children's book publisher, has increased during 2005. Most of the sales came from the company's "Ology" series. Karen Lotz, the company's president, has stated that the printing press has posted a revenue of up to 40 percent from 2004....
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS... // Book Publishing Report;11/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p9
Reports on developments related to executives in the book publishing industry as of November 4, 2002. Appointment of Michael Maudlin as editorial director at HarperSanFrancisco; Appointment of Mark Bryant as an executive director at HarperCollins.
- People in the news... // Book Publishing Report;01/31/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on executive changes at book publishers, Penguin Putnam and Simon & Schuster. Penguin Putnam's appointment of Louise Burke as president of its New American Library imprint; Simon & Schuster's appointment of Alun Davies as consultant.
- SOURCES FOR REVIEWED BOOKS. // Sing Out!;Summer2007, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p108
A list of publishers of books reviewed in this publication is presented. They include Beacon Press in Boston, Massachusetts, University Press of Illinois in Champagne, Illinois and Vanderbilt University Press in Nashville, Tennessee. Information on the publishers' telephone numbers and Web sites...
- John Frisbie Takes the Helm. // China Business Review;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p9
Reports on the appointment of John Frisbie as president of the U.S-China Business Council (USCBC) on November 1, 2004. Position of Frisbie in the USCBC from 1988 to 1993; Other companies in which Frisbie held leadership positions; Predecessor of Frisbie.
- Small Press Spotlight. // Lambda Book Report;Feb2000, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p13
Provides information on Hill Street Press publishing house in Athens, Georgia. Samples of books published by the company; Its mission; Explanation of publisher Thomas Payton on the attempt of the company to market diverse books.