Farrar, Straus, & Giroux To Cut Title Output Slightly In 2005
- The US Market for Translations. Levisalles, Natalie // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2004, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p55
This article looks into the U.S. market for books translated to English. Fifty percent of all the books translated in the world are translated from English, but only 3% into English. In the U.S, among the 134,000 books published every year, only 300 are literary translations. The situation is...
- Initiating Change From The Top. Klein, Jeffrey S. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Mar2006, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p50
The article reflects on the role of a chief executive officer in a publishing company. It cites demands being placed on media chief executive officers. It mentions factors that put added pressure on the executive team. It stresses the disadvantages of using the command and control approach to...
- Eberhard Could Make Comeback. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;12/2/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 48, p15
Speculates on the career of Martin Eberhard, former chief executive officer of Rocket eBook, in the book industry. Controversies surrounding Eberhard; Views of Eberhard on book publishing.
- WRC Media Names Ann Jackson, Formerly Of Time Inc., CEO. // Educational Marketer;1/16/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p2
The article reports on New York-based K-12 supplemental publisher WRC Media Inc.'s appointment of Ann Jackson as it chief executive officer. Jackson succeeds Martin Kenney who left the company almost a year ago on paid leaves because of a pending lawsuit by the Securities and Exchange Commission...
- Perseus Books Group Names New CEO. // Book Publishing Report;1/12/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p7
Reports that David Steinberger was appointed as the new president and chief executive officer of Perseus Books Group. Background of Steinberger's experiences.
- Open Borders? Rowe, Dan // Quill & Quire;Oct2005, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p4
This article reports that Indigo Books & Music Inc.'s annual general meeting is the Canadian book industry's throne speech or state of the union address. CEO Heather Reisman rises before assembled shareholders and reporters and says that the state of Indigo is strong. Strong enough to open six...
- Botimpex Sh.p.k. // SeeNews Research & Profiles (Company Profiles);2012, p981
A profile of Botimpex Sh.p.k., also known as Botimpex LLC, is presented. The company is based in Tirana, Albania and is engaged in book trading and publishing. Estref Bega is the chief executive officer (CEO) of the company. Information is also presented on the company's capacity and markets and...
- BPA on Qualified Sponsored Circ. Love, Barbara // Circulation Management;Apr2005, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the call of Glenn Hansen, president and CEO of BPA Worldwide, for an end to the practice of emphasizing payment in reporting sponsored subscriptions in the publishing industry. Proposal of BPA for a consumer magazine circulation reporting format featuring qualified sponsored...
- Media Bay Names New CEO. // Book Publishing Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p7
Announces that Media Bay Inc. has named Jeffrey Dittus CEO. Previous position held.