Lake Isle Press Hits Advice List With Cookbook Series
- What's Cooking in India? Tan, Teri // Publishers Weekly;9/15/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 37, p25
The article focuses on publishing of trade literature in India. It states that Thomson Digital, known for its complex scholarly, scientific, technical and medical (SSTM) and full project management expertise, does many cookbook projects as well. Lapiz Digital started doing paperbacks in 2003 and...
- Quail Ridge Continues State Cookbook Series in 2006. // Book Publishing Report;9/4/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p4
The article reports on the 2006 business plan of Quail Ridge Press, a book publishing company in Brandon, Mississippi. According to the author, after completing its Best-of-the-Best cookbook series in late 2005, the company will issue some of the older titles in the cookbook series and beyond....
- Feminist Publishing for Fun and Profit. Danford, Natalie // Publishers Weekly;10/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 40, p18
Provides information on the Femmes Fatales: Women Write Pulp series launched by Feminist Press. Trade paperbacks to be launched by the press in November 2003; Reason for the increase in demand for the series; Publishing strategy used by the press.
- New Taunton Line Aims Younger. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 17, p16
Reports on the "Do It Now, Do It Fast, Do It Right" line of books introduced by Taunton Press. Target market of the books; Features of the books; Retail price for each book.
- commentary. Fine, Anne // New Statesman;10/6/2003, Vol. 132 Issue 4658, p55
Discusses celebrity children's authors. Failure of children and adults to respect the books which they have spent hours trying to get signed by a celebrity author; Failure of the book publishing industry to stop such time-wasting among readers; Limitations of modern literary discourse;...
- Science Can Help Cure University Presses. Dougherty, Peter J. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2004, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p32
This article asserts that university presses would benefit from publishing science books. University presses often publish humanities or social science literature for the reason that university-press editors are trained in the humanities. But the industry's apparent indifference to science has...
- ODD GIRLS BACK IN. Grubb, R. J. // Bay Windows;12/25/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on the reissue of lesbian pulp fiction by publishing presses in the U.S. Remarks from pulp fiction author Ann Bannon on the historical value of pulp fiction; Books released by Feminist Press; Publication of lesbian pulps.
- Siglio Press: Merging Literature and the Visual Arts. Werris, Wendy // Publishers Weekly;6/13/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 24, p8
This article features the operation of independent publisher Siglio Press in the U.S. Founded by Lisa Pearson in 2007, Siglio Press shows her commitment to literature. Pearson entered book publishing after years spent in advocating for the arts. He aimed at merging literature and the visual...
- EDITORS' NOTES & READING. // American Notes & Queries;Dec72, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p58
Provides information on publishings related to literature. Description of the journal 'Studies in American Fiction'; Features of the book 'The Victorian Celebration of Death,' by James Stevens Curl; Reprints from Hacker Art Books in New York on Roman construction and architecture.