HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster In New Audiobook Ventures
- MediaBay Pumps Up. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/28/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the plan of MediaBay to develop a digital distribution platform for audio. Launch of Larry King On-line Audiobook and Entertainment Club in April 2005; Remarks from MediaBay CEO Jeffrey Dittus; Need for MediaBay to offer digital audio through the MSN Music service of Microsoft.
- MediaBay Drops Tapes. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;2/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 7, p87
Reports that MediaBay has confirmed that its MediaBay Web site will stop selling audiobooks and will concentrate on audio downloads. Web sites of the companies and their business focus; Reasons behind MediaBay's deals with Liquid Audio, Iomega and Creative Labs.
- Financial Woes Mount at MediaBay. // Publishers Weekly;4/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the losses of MediaBay in 2003. Decrease in the sales of the company; Reduction in the marketing expenses of the company; Impact of the cost cutting measures of the company on the sales of its audiobooks.
- Taiwan Joint-Venture Sets Model. Culpan, Tim; McClure, Steve // Billboard;1/26/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 4, p45
Focuses on operations of the Taiwanese music distribution joint-venture, REBS, which consists of shareholders Rock Records and local affiliates of EMI, BMG and Sony. Comments from Sony Music Asia executive Richard Denekamp about the success of the company; How the joint-venture operates;...
- Estefan, GVM, And Sony Launch Long-Awaited Latin Label Sunnyluna. Llewellyn, Howell // Billboard;5/11/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 19, p42
Reports on the creation of Madrid, Spain record label Sunnyluna Records, a joint venture between Gran VÃa Musical, Sony Music Europe and Emilio Estefan, Jr. Purpose of the venture, which will focus on the marketing of Spanish-language music; Artists signed to the label, including Puerto...
- New generation deals broaden revenues for labels and artists. Scott, Ajax // Music Week;10/26/2002, Issue 43, p4
Reports on the growing number of recording companies and performers who draft joint venture deals to broaden both parties' revenue takes. Revenue provisions of a joint venture deal in the music industry; Issues that pose problems on joint venture deals. INSET: HOW A NEW MODEL CONTRACT MIGHT WORK.
- New Outlet for Indie Musicians. // Keyboard;Apr2002, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the joint venture between CD Baby and Disc Makers to offer independent musicians free distribution.
- EMI/CMC In Joint Venture With EBU. Ferro, Charles // Billboard;5/10/2003, Vol. 115 Issue 19, p59
Reports that EMI Music Denmark, through its subsidiary CMC, has cut a co-operative joint venture deal with the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) to release recorded material produced in conjunction with the Eurovision Song Contest and other EBU events. Probable release of albums of exclusive...
- Imagem launches TV and film JV with Channon. HART, TINA // Music Week;8/2/2013, Issue 32, p17
The article reports on music publishing company Imagem Music Group's FTV joint venture in London, England in 2013 and mentions that former EMI Music Publishing EVP Jonathan Channon has been appointed as its managing director.