Localities in Indiana's Lake County to Borrow Despite Tax Feud
- Lake County, Ind., to Sell $54M of Warrants. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/25/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31913, p5
Reports that the officials of Lake County, Indiana will issue tax anticipation warrants to raise cash through Bank One as the Indiana Supreme Court reviewed a lower court judgment which ruled that the county's tax reassessment was unconstitutional. Indiana Bond Bank's prohibition of the county...
- Rate-capping: crippling local government. Jones, George // Accountancy;Feb1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1086, p10
Criticizes the proposal of the British government to limit the right of a local authority to determine the level of the tax levied. Goal of limiting the local expenditure; Transformation of the local government into a local administration.
- Rate-capping: why the critics have got it wrong. Watts, John // Accountancy;Mar1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1087, p17
Reports on the controversy surrounding the British government's proposals in the Rates Bill to take powers from the local government to limit the rates imposed by high-spending authorities. Disagreement between the central and local government over the level of local spending; Importance of...
- Colombia: Flattener On Hold, But Still Bearish Short End. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/24/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p12
This article offers a forecast for Colombia's local government debt in 2011.
- Louisiana State Bond Commission Gives Nod to $200 Million of Deals. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31451, p4
Reports on the approval of debt payment deals for local agencies by the Louisiana State Bond Commission. Total amount of debt; Funds needed for drainage revenue bonds; Improvement of health care services.
- MINNESOTA: TIF GO Debt Analyzed. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/8/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33660, p7
The article reports on the move of local governments in Minnesota in receiving 140 million dollars of outstanding general obligation bond debt in 2010 related to tax-increment financing districts.
- CORRECTION. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/27/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p10
A correction to an article about Indiana Bond Bank is presented.
- Scots still lag in paying council tax. Scott, David // Public Finance;7/28/2006, p12
The article reports on a study which found that councils in England and Wales are more successful at collecting council tax than their counterparts in Scotland. The study, conducted by researchers at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh on behalf of the Scottish Executive, identified poverty as...
- New Jersey to Sell $1.5B Tomorrow To Make Up for Tax-Collection Lull. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31719, p34
Reports on the plans of New Jersey to issue $1.5 billion in tax and revenue anticipation notes to offset fall in tax collections. Underlying ratings for the notes; Intended use of proceeds from the notes; Shortfall in revenue collections for July and August, 2003 in comparison with target figures.