- Do some gift tax cramming. // Small Business Tax Strategies;Sep2014, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p3
The article discusses how to take advantage of the money left in the Section 529 plan that is supposed to be used to pay college expenses of a child who happened to be out of school. It suggests rolling over any unused funds into an account for another child. It says that there would be no...
- Financial aid can help ease the pain of pricey tuition. Wilkinson, Kaija // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);08/02/99, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p25
Focuses on the student aid program offered by private schools in New Orleans, Louisiana. Need for financial aid to keep pace with rising tuition fees; Scholarships awarded to deserving students.
- A Break for Poor Parents. Schwartz, Michael // National Review;8/7/1981, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p900
The article discusses the Packwood-Moynihan tuition tax credit bill being considered by the 97th Congress in the U.S. as of August 1981. The bill would allow families paying tuition for elementary, secondary, or post-secondary education to receive a credit on their income tax of 50 percent of...
- D.C. Choice: Another Elective Course in School Reform. Paige, Rod // USA Today Magazine;May2004, Vol. 132 Issue 2708, p30
Deals with the launching of the D.C. Choice Incentive Program opportunity scholarships in Washington, D.C. on January 22, 2004. Importance of educational choice; Benefits of the program; Challenges encountered in the establishment of the program; Creation of an alternative to open private...
- Price of Private. Volpe, Michael // Orange County Business Journal;2/22/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p5
The article reports on the effort of private schools in California to increase the amount of their financial assistance to students. It is noted that the financial aids of St. Mary and All Angels School in Aliso Viejo are raised by 40% to accommodate applicants and Catholic high school JSerra...
- Watch for These Events in February, March. // Business Officer;Jan2013, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p46
The article offers information on several events including the Business Income Tax workshop in Florida on February 20-22, 2013, The Faciities and Administrative Rates-Long Form workshop in Colorado on March 4-6, 2013, and the Student Financial Services Conference in Texas on March 10-12, 2013.
- Washington Voters to Decide on State Income Tax in November. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/19/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33351, p7
The article reports that the implementation of state income tax will be decided by Washington voters in November 2010.
- Citrin Cooperman Corner. SEIDEN, DAVID // Westchester County Business Journal;4/1/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 13, p5
The author explains how an individual is required to pay state income taxes, and discusses the difference between a resident and a nonresident of a state.
- Tax Credits for Private School Scholarships. Mohrweis, Lawrence C. // CPA Journal;Feb2010, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p50
The article focuses on school tuition organizations (STO), nonprofit entities that allocate at least 90% of their revenues for scholarship established by Arizona in 1998. The Ninth Circuit Court 2009 ruling redirects U.S. focus on how Arizona's scholarship organizations are using taxpayer's...