Rating Agencies Weigh In Construction Risks
- Moody's Revises Wisconsin GO Credit to Stable From Negative. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p33
Reports on the revision of the general obligation credit rating of Wisconsin to stable from negative by Moody's Investors Service Inc. Improvement of liquidity position in the current fiscal year; Increase in state revenue; Stability of the economy and financial condition.
- With New Hospital on Hold, Edward Health Nets Upgrade. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32480, p30
The article reports that the Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded its credit outlook for the Edward Health Services Corp. (EHSC) to stable from negative. The outlook change comes ahead of the of EHSC sales of $225 million of bonds through the Illinois Finance Authority. This deal comes...
- Dalton, Ga., GO Rating Cut to A1 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32856, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded the rating of general obligation debt issued through the Dalton Building Authority due to Moody's increase of health insurance and other operating expenditures in Dalton, Georgia.
- Moody's Drops San Diego's GO Ratine to A3 From A1. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/3/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32188, p4
Reports that credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service downgraded San Diego, California's general obligation debt to A3 from A1. Legal and political uncertainty that have dogged the city government since the disclosure of the underfunded pension system; Inability to produce audited...
- Outlook on Puerto Rico Debt Revised To Stable From Negative by Moody's. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/8/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32751, p5
The article reports on the revision of the credit outlook of Moody's Investors Service Inc. on Puerto Rico. The rating agency changes its outlook for Puerto Rico from negative to stable. The change in outlook will affect more than $30 billion of general obligation and appropriation debt. The...
- Moody's Gi\es Arizona a Stable Aa3, the State's First Issuer Rating. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/16/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32091, p29
Reports on the aAa3 issuer rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to Arizona based on the state's long-term trend of economic growth and diversification. Claim that the state never had a statewide general obligation (GO) debt rating because it cannot issue GO debt; Prohibition of the...
- Moody's raises sovereign ceiling. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/29/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 35, p18
Reports that U.S. ratings agency Moody's Investors Service on August 21, 2003 upgraded Jordan's ceiling for locally issued foreign currency bonds to Ba2 from Ba3. Upgrade of the government's domestic debt; Indication of the decision by Moody's; Discussion on the credit ratings of the country.
- East Lyme, Conn., GOs Raised to Aa3. // Bond Buyer;6/30/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32165, p2
Reports that Moody's Investor's Service Inc. has assigned a Aa3 rating to the new money and refunding general obligation bonds issued by the town of East Lyme, Connecticut.
- Moody's Lowers N.Y. Village After Deficit Bond Approved. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p36
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has lowered the credit rating of Endicott, New York to Baa3, affecting more than ten million dollars in debt. Plan of the Endicott to sell deficit bonds; Reasons cited by Moody's for downgrading Endicott's bonds; Permission granted by Governor George...