DC Seeks Proposals on Private Stadium Financing
- Houston Metro Transit Joins Football Financing Team. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p7
Reports the participation of Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority in the financing of the football stadium construction In Houston, Texas. Reasons for giving the tax revenue to the stadium project; Plans of the Houston Metro Transit to help finance the construction of a basketball arena;...
- Stadium Spending OK. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32206, p35
Reports on the approval of the spending on the construction of a stadium by the government of Washington, D.C. Anticipation of the government to spend additional funds above previous estimates to purchase land for a planned stadium; Plan of the government to begin the negotiations with owners of...
- Indianapolis Stadium Comes Up Short. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/29/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33051, p1
The article reports that the $750 million Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana, the new home for the National Football League's Colts, is expected to fall short in revenue by a total of $20 million. According to officials at the Indianapolis Capital Improvement Board (CIB), which runs the...
- Nelson Mandela Multi-Purpose Stadium. // Civil Engineering (10212000);Dec2010, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p55
The article focuses on the completion of the Nelson Mandela Multi-Purpose Stadium project at North End Lake in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, which is one of the finalists at the South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE) Project Awards under Technical Excellence category. It states...
- Take Me Out to the Cleaners. NOLAN, MICHAEL // Freeman: Ideas on Liberty;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p46
The article discusses issues related to financing stadiums for professional sports in the U.S. It is informed that according to an estimation, 78 stadiums were built at a cost of 85 billion dollar from 1991 to 2004, and a heavy amout of revenue created by the stadiums went into pockets of owner....
- City Pushes New Stadium Finance Plan. HIRSH, LOU // San Diego Business Journal;8/17/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p55
The article reports on the revised financing plan for the proposed Mission Valley stadium to be constructed in San Diego, California.
- 'Sit Down, Smack Down' seat sponsorship starts today. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/21/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 120, p3
The article reports that the 1980 Lake Placid Olympic Arena is set to be divided into sections and energetic community volunteers to benefit North County Life Flight in New York.
- Cleveland gets new stadium, football team. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Dec98, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the construction of football stadium in Cleveland, Ohio. Comments from James D. Neiheiser, project manager for Reliance Mechanical Corp.; Description of the stadium; Information on the stadium's hvac system.
- Zephyrs replace turf. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/17/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p71
A photograph is presented which depicts the installation of a new infield and outfield turf at the Airline Drive Stadium in New Orleans, Louisiana.