MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, December 27
- Massachusetts Selling $218 Million of Gas Tax Revenue Bonds This Week. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32034, p5
The article reports that Massachusetts plans to up the activity of a quiet trading week with the sale of $218 million of special obligation gas tax revenue bonds. The deal includes a $200 million refunding component for bonds issued in various years, such as 1996, 1997 and 2002. Merrill Lynch &...
- GLOBAL FUND NEWS. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/18/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p6
The article presents news briefs related to the bond market as of September 2006. There are expectations that the private equity funds may raise as much as $300 billion for the year 2006. SHUAA Asset Management has announced the launch of the Arab Islamic Gateway Fund, its first Islamic product,...
- Savings. Kalwarski, Tara // Money;Jan2004, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p119
Presents information about the top current yields for savings funds. Consideration of the returns for bank money-market accounts, bond funds, and CDs.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, December 28. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32039, p2
The article presents information on various developments in bond markets of the U.S.
- Munis Soften as Primary Takes in $1B. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/11/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p2
The article focuses on the economic impact of more than $1 billion issuances on the activities of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of January 10, 2007. In the new-issue market, Lehman Brothers priced $442 million of medical center pooled revenue bonds for the Regents of the University of...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p33
Presents charts and a graph depicting the indicators in the bond market U.S. Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, October 27. // Bond Buyer;10/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32248, p2
Provides economic indicators for the bond market in the U.S. as of October 27, 2005. Status of durable goods; Forecast for initial jobless claims.
- Bond boom petering out. Steyn, Greta // Finance Week;11/3/2003, p58
Reports on the significance of a positive yield curve to the bond market in South Africa. Upgrading of South Africa's credit rating; Implication of increasing economic growth and inflationary expectations on bond yields.
- Congress Unlikely to Repeal 2% de Minimis Rule, Staffer Tells TBMA. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/21/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32116, p5
Reports on the proposal of repealing 2 percent of the minimis rule by Senate majority leader's director of budget and appropriations G. William Hoagland at the Bond Market Association's annual meeting. Reference of Hoagland's tax-exempt bond related revenue-raising proposals in the Joint Tax...