Amid Thin Conditions, Munis Fall As Weak Dollar Sinks Treasuries
- Nearly All Indexes Rise After Post-Sell-Off Levels Go Unchallenged. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/16/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32588, p36
The article reports on the performance of weekly yield indexes in the municipal market in the U.S. during the 2nd week of March 2007. It covers that an increase was exhibited in all weekly yield indexes as yield levels demonstrated a sell-off on March 10, 2007. The municipal market was weak by...
- PLAIN/INSURED GO YIELD CURVES FOR FEB. 27, 2006. // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p33
A chart is presented that lists the yield curves of plain/insured general obligations in the Middle West as of February 27, 2006 including Missouri, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Michigan.
- Munis Unchanged to Slightly Firmer. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/14/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33004, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal securities in the U.S. bond market. It was unchanged to slightly firmer as traders said tax-exempt yields were flat to lower by one or two basis points. The Treasury market showed losses as the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note,...
- Munis Unchanged to Firmer Despite Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/22/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32884, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal market in the U.S. The market was slightly firmer despite Treasury market losses and the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note which opened at 3.77%, finished at 3.82%. The yield on the two-year note was quoted at 2.42% near the end...
- Munis Weaken as Traders Take Breather After Busy Week. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;2/16/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34460, p1
Top quality municipal bonds were weaker in early activity on Friday, traders said, with yields on some maturities strengthening by as much as one basis point.
- Munis Unchanged as Prices Stabilize; Buyers Wait for FOMC Meeting Effects. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p2
Highlights the activities in the municipal bond market in the United States on November 9, 2004. Rate of return on municipal bonds; Performance of the secondary market; Notes auctioned by the U.S. Treasury Department; Performance of selected municipal bonds.
- Munis Little Changed Despite Economic Data. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p2
The article analyzes the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. The municipal and Treasury markets showed little change despite economic data. Treasury market remained near its opening levels. The 10-year note yield declined by one basis point to 4.58%. The core price index for...
- Southeast: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Nov. 2, 2004. // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p31
Presents data on plain/insured municipal bond yield curves in the Southeast for November 2, 2004.
- Munis Finish Weaker, Following Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/22/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32946, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal securities in the U.S. bond market. The market was slightly weaker at two basis points. The Treasury market showed some losses as the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note, which opened at 3.80%, finished at 3.83%. The yield on the...