Oklahoma Regents Seek $500 Million For University System
- Minnesota Higher Education Facilities Authority (MHEFA): Notice of Public Hearing on Revenue Obligations on behalf of St. Catherine University, formerly known as The College of Saint Catherine. // Minnesota State Register;2/3/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 32, p1066
The article presents Minnesota Higher Education Facilities Authority (MHEFA)'s notice of the public hearing regarding revenue obligations on behalf of St. Catherine University, as of February 2014. The topics discussed include the issue of revenue bond by the authority to finance an educational...
- All Sides Agree on Oklahoma's $500M Higher Education Bond Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32092, p3
Reports on the expectation for a compromise higher education bond bill endorsed by Governor Brad Henry, Senate President Pro Tem Cal Hobson and House Speaker Todd Hiett to win easy approval in the Oklahoma House. Amount being used to establish a bond bank to provide the state's regional and...
- ARKANSAS: Higher Ed GOs on the Way. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32508, p31
The article reports that some bonds that have been approved could be issued in coming months to fund the needed capital improvements at 11 public universities and 22 two-year colleges in Arkansas. The bond package includes $150 million for new projects and $100 million to pay down an earlier...
- Oklahoma Plans November Sale for $350M of Higher Ed Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/31/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32249, p42
Reports that the first 350 million U.S. dollars of bond issue dedicated to higher education projects in Oklahoma will go to market on November 15 and 16, 2005. Issuance of the bond; Inclusion of a fixed-rate bonds on the initial sale; Maturity schedule for the fixed-rate bond.
- Lawmakers fund $165 million worth of education projects. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/20/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 25, Special Section p11
Deals with the amount allocated by lawmakers for school construction projects of the Nevada System of Higher Education. Increase in construction costs; Amount of funding provided for Nevada State College; Budget approved for Greenspun College of Urban Affairs at the University of Nevada at Las...
- Texas Bill Would Provide $3.2 Billion Of Revenue Debt for Higher Education. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;1/4/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33444, p5
The article focuses on the introduction of a bill that will provide 3.2 billion dollars in tuition-backed revenue bonds for Texas higher education institutions.
- NEWS briefs. // Community College Week;1/15/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p11
The article offers updates related to higher education in the U.S. Under a bond bill in Mississippi, universities and community colleges will be given funds to renovate school buildings and facilities. In Washington, Governor Chris Gregoire made a proposal to freeze the tuition fees community...
- Local Legislators A Community Embarrassment. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/2/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p4
Comments on the amendment effort of the Michigan House of Representatives on college funding bill. Factors which affect the funding of state institution of higher education; Concern of business owners on re-training programs; Remarks from Aquinas College President Harry Knopke on the amendment.
- Rising college costs prompt a call for a Federal Commission--could delay HEA reauthorization. // Black Issues in Higher Education;05/15/97, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p4
Reports that concern about rising college costs has fueled a call for a Federal Commission, which could postpone reauthorization of the Higher Education Act (HEA). Expiration date of the HEA; Who the commission would include; Why Representative Howard `Buck' McKeon (R-Calif.) wants a commission...