- Nashua officials scramble for rail project funding. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/30/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p30A
Reports on the proposal of the Nashua city and regional planning officials for legislators not to eliminate the Nashua commuter rail project in New Hampshire. Impact of the Supreme court ruling on the project; Restriction of using gasoline tax money for railroad initiatives; Solicitation of...
- Pacific North West Economic Region. Morrison, Matt // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Spring2002, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the opportunity of private sector producers, legislative and executive leaders to develop regional planning in Pacific Northwest. Formation of Pacific NorthWest Economic Region to promote regional cooperation; List of issue areas covered by the working groups; History of the...
- From the states. // Planning;Sep95, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p32
Reports on developments in planning legislation in various states as of September 1995. Includes takings referendum in Washington; Brownfields bill in Rhode Island; Takings legislation in Maine.
- National notes. Willis, Nancy S. // Planning;Sep95, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p34
Reports on developments in United States planning legislation as of September 1995. Includes the telecommunications bill, House Resolution (HR) 1555; Transportation appropriations bill, HR 2002; HR 2099.
- Senate Passes Stopgap Funding, Benefiting Highways, D.C. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p4
Reports that the U.S. Senate approved a legislation as of January 9, 2003 that would continue funding the federal government at fiscal 2002 levels through the end of the month, raise highway spending and allow Washington D.C. to fund local programs at proposed fiscal 2003 levels. Details of the...
- Minnesota Lawmakers Struggle to Avoid July 1 Shutdown. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p36
Focuses on efforts of Minnesota lawmakers to approve the eight appropriation bills that authorize budget spending and a tax bill. Opposition faced by the tax bill; Details about the appropriation bills approved by the legislature; Plan of the state regarding a bond sale.
- Debt Limit Hike May Be Made Easier. Kinnander, Ola; Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31392, p4
Reports the approval of a bill that allow language to increase in debt ceiling in the U.S. Increase of the debt limits of nations using the final bill; Details on the drafting of debt limit bill version; Provision to restore debt limits from highway funding.
- California Municipalities Fear Fiscal Results of Overdue Budget. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31418, p3
Reports the failure of local lawmakers to meet the deadline for the submission of budget for the 2003 fiscal year in California. Demand for a strong tax-exempt municipal debt by investors; Observation of slow-going budget process by the cities and counties; Credit outlook of Moody's Investors...
- Little Room for Error Allowed in N.J. Democrats' New Budget. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;6/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31418, p40
Reports the offering of revised fiscal 2003 budget by Democrats in the New Jersey Legislature. Amount of the budget; Scant surplus of the budget; Deficit on the budget deficit of the state.