- Shell Point Village, Fla., Upgraded to BBB-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;2/6/2015, p26
The article reports that the ratings agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has raised the ratings of the revenue debt of Lee County Industrial Development Authority from BB-plus to BB-minus.
- OHIO: Canton Schools Fall to BBB. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32591, p9
The article reports that Standard and Poor's Corp. has dropped its rating assigned to Canton City, Ohio School District to BBB from A-minus. The rating reflects the district's structural budget imbalance and expected negative general fund balance for 2007. The measure affects the outstanding...
- ADDING PREPAY PENALTY WARRANTS. // National Mortgage News;7/7/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p11
Reports on the revision of the â€œform of comfortâ€ of the Ratings Services of Standard & Poor's Corp. for the securitization of prepayment penalties. Origination and enforceability of the warranties; Legal requirements governing prepayment penalties; Federal pre-emption protection in...
- OHIO: Carroll Water District Raised. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/30/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32639, p8
The article reports on the upgrade of ratings on Carroll Water and Sewer District's debt to BBB-plus from BBB-minus, by Standard & Poor's Corp in Ohio. The upgrade is in recognition of the system's ability to maintain an improved cash position of at least one times debt service coverage. The...
- Pittsburgh's Fiscal Problems Run It Down. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p58
Focuses on the decision of Standard & Poor's to lower the bond rating of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Reasons for the downgrade; Budget problems facing Pittsburgh; Outlook of Moody's Investor Service and Fitch on the bond rating of Pittsburgh.
- MONTANA: S&P: Outlook Positive. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/29/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32661, p9
The article reports that rating agency Standard & Poor's (S&P) revised its outlook for Montana. S&P changed the state's AA-minus rating to positive on June 27, 2007 as projections for its financial position are good. According to credit analyst Ian Carroll, it is expected that Montana can...
- California's Outlook Lowered. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/21/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32759, p1
The article provides an overview of the credit rating for California. Standard & Poor (S&P), provider of independent credit ratings, revised its outllok for the state, and it asserted its A-plus rating. According to S&P analyst David Hitchcock, none of the defers would deplete the budget...
- Madison, N.J. GOs Raised To AAA By S&P. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32039, p2
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has said that it has raised its rating on the Borough of Madison, New Jersey's outstanding general obligation bonds to AAA from AA-plus based on the borough's continued strong financial performance and position with ongoing revenue-generating...
- S&P Finds Few RMBS Defaults, But Rising Rates Could Be a Future Issue. Cornwell, Ted // National Mortgage News;5/31/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p18
Reveals that rating agency Standard & Poor's found only a few classes of residential mortgage-backed securities it has rated since 1978 have gone into default. Defaults by original rating; Average seasoning of defaulted classes.