Minnesota Gov. Pushes Transit Plan
- Highway Sales Tax Bill First to Clear Texas Senate. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/6/2015, Vol. 1, p39
The article discusses an approval of Senate Bill 4 in the Texas Senate for dedicating an estimated 2.5 billion U.S. dollars from vehicle sales taxes to highways. Topics covered include details relating to the sales tax levy on vehicles in Texas, details relating to the rainy day fund of Texas,...
- Street Tax Hike. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/12/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32109, p31
Reports on the vote of the Peoria Council to ask voters to approve an increase in the city's sales tax rate to pay for streets and transportation improvements in Arizona.
- Coping With Growth: North County Feels Transportation Is Key. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p28
Focuses on the importance of transportation to economic growth in North County, California. Establishment of the road construction fund; Increase in the freeway building costs; Extension of the sales tax for transportation.
- Transportation plan on track; next up Grant Road widening. // Inside Tucson Business;5/21/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p3
The article reports on the announcement of the Arizona Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) concerning the 54 ongoing projects and completion of five smaller safety projects. The voters approve the 20-year transportation plan to raise sales tax up to $2.1 billion. The largest project is the...
- More car buyers may get surprise tax bills. Castile, Raymond // Wentzville Journal;8/14/2011, Vol. 49 Issue 65, pA1
The article reports that residents of Wentzville, Missouri could receive unexpected sales tax bills demanding they pay the state money for automobiles they purchased due to a sales tax mistake resulting in the state owing Wentzville 93,390 dollars in motor vehicle sales tax.
- Plan to Salvage Default-Bound San Joaquin Toll Road May Soon Be Ready. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/9/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32150, p40
The article reports that after months of behind-the-scenes discussion, another plan to salvage the default-bound San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor Agency may he ready for airing soon. The San Joaquin road was built M the same time a parallel Orange County toll highway run by the...
- Colombian concessions. // International Construction;Apr2006, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the Consejo Economica y Social's approval of a package of 11 highway improvement and operation concessions in Colombia. It discusses the proposed upgrading of roads to improve the links between Colombia's Caribbean and Pacific ports and the interior. Several highways will...
- Out of reach. Zeyher, Allen // Roads & Bridges;Feb2011, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p14
The article focuses on the issue of unclaimed earmarks for highway construction projects in the U.S. Based on an analysis of state and federal records by the magazine "USA Today," the total amount of money from the so-called orphan earmarks has reached 13 billion dollars. One orphan earmark is...
- Nevada secures federal transportation grants. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/30/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p8
The article reports on the grant secured by the state of Nevada from the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) to ease traffic congestion in the state in 2008. The fund will be spent in the construction, repair and upgrade of roads and highways that will help ease the stress of traffic...