Stretching the Limits
- InneR BEAUTY. Lancaster, Daryl // Sew News;Aug/Sep2013, Issue 336, p40
The article offers finishing techniques that allow garments to maintain their elegant drape and movement without lining. It suggests selecting lightweight linen for the bias-binding strips, pressing the bias strips lengthwise to remove the excess stretch, and positioning the bias strip along the...
- UNIVERSAL UTILITY. Warde-Aldam, Grace // Selvedge;2016, Issue 71, p64
The article features clothing brand Universal Utility with the maxim "Invisible and permanent clothing," and its founder designer Carin Mansfield, whose uniform, fashion and costume-based background provides her clothes with personality and spirit. Topics discussed include Universal Utility...
- Seat Profile. // Perfect Fit: The Classic Guide to Altering Patterns;2005, p35
The article offers information on how to analyze seat contours and garment for several types of seat contours. It is most affected by the diet, muscle tone and postures. With the age one tends to get flat seat contour. People with swaybacked seat contour should be careful in the patterns designs...
- Editor's Letter. Albury, Elisa Sims // Quilter's World;Jun2010, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Debbie Crawford on curved seams and a project photo gallery.
- Special Fitting Patterns. // Perfect Fit: The Classic Guide to Altering Patterns;2005, p42
The article offers information on several fitting patterns. It states basic fitting shells patterns, which is the most difficult and time-consuming pattern, for those who come across fitting problems. Multi-sized patterns follows cutting lines for patterns having different bust and waist or hip...
- Basic Principles of Seam Design for Pattern Design in Garment Industry. // China Textile Leader;Aug2012, Issue 8, p107
This article explained the concepts and principles of seam design, emphasizing its importance in pattern design in garment industry.
- Tailor-Made. // O, The Oprah Magazine;Sep2005, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p223
Presents tips on altering inexpensive clothes to create a custom-made style shared by tailor and designer Nile Cmylo. Suggested length of hems for pants and skirts; Guide for restoring the clothes' original design; Techniques for adjusting the sleeves to make arms look longer.
- seamless: eliminating stitches--more than a buzzword. Isaacs, Mac // AATCC Review;Nov2005, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p16
The article provides information on the elimination of stitches. Five reasons for eliminating stitches are cited by Kim S. Anderson of Textile/Clothing Technology Corp. in the article. He notes that seams in a garment create bulkiness, especially at the shoulders and underarms, which can affect...
- Frankly Darling, Sim's Designs Look to Avoid Clichï¿½ Trappings. Jones, Nina // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/23/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 132, p3
Reports on the Frankly Darling lingerie collection launched by designer Deborah Sim. Description of the collection; Interest of the designer in orchids; Reason behind the selection of French-seamed garments by Sim for the lingerie.