- Super Show hits the mark as industry looks to score. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;2/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the 2003 Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association's annual Super Show. Provision of the trends and products that influence the forecast growth of the sporting goods market; Growth projections in total industry sales in wholesale dollars; Domination of the exercises and fitness...
- Las Vegas fitness equipment retailers. // Las Vegas Business Press;09/29/97, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p31
Ranks the fitness equipment retailers in Las Vegas, Nevada according to their number of local employees. Includes Copeland's Sports; Jumbo Sports; Exercise Equipment of Nevada.
- Themed flagship brand stores in new millennium: theory, practice, prospects. Kozinets, Robert V.; Sherry Jr., John F.; DeBerry-Spence, Benet; Duhachek, Adam; Nuttavuthisit, Krittinee; Storm, Diana // Journal of Retailing;Spring2002, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p3
Retailers are refining the flagship brand store into new forms such as the themed retail brand store. This new form not only promotes a more engaging experience of the brand's essence but also satisfies consumers looking for entertainment alongside their shopping. There are four main categories...
- A Time for Rebirth and New Energy. Hartford, James M. // SGB;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses the innovations in sporting goods industry. The author asserts that although some have claimed that the sector had insufficiently made product innovations, he views that the list of achievements was impressive. He expects that in 2010, retailers will search of products that...
- THE SGB QUESTION. // SGB;Dec2008, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p32
The article provides several answers to a question on how the trends toward more fill-in and at-once orders, and pushing back futures will affect the sporting goods industry in 2009.
- Fitness Warehouse makes quality a priority. Doyle, B.G. // Caribbean Business;2/5/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p40
Features Fitness Warehouse, an exercise machine manufacturer in Puerto Rico. History of the company; Product lines; Management practices and marketing strategies.
- Little guys find ways to compete with chains. Battaglia, Tammy // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p20
Cites the sales strategies that Cleveland, Ohio-based independently owned sporting goods stores are using to stay competitive in a business saturated with big national retailers. Haney's Sporting Goods' Web site; Creative sales tactics; Cleveland Sporting Goods Co.'s customer service strategy;...
- retail IQ. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p61
A quiz related to sporting goods retailing is presented.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;2/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p25
Details retail developments related to the sporting goods industry as of February 17, 1997. Includes the closure of 50 Oshman's Sporting Goods stores; Merger of Las Vegas Discount Golf with Saint Andrews Golf; Home Team Advantage specialty store's opening in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.