Kessler's and Dixie Top the '04 Team Dealer List
- Even non-business books can teach sound business lessons. Chepesiuk, Ron // NSGA Retail Focus;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p16
An interview with Ken Caravati, president of the U.S. company Dixie Sporting Goods, is presented. When asked about what business book he currently reads, he mentions on "The Street-Smart Entrepreneur," by Jay Goltz. He described Goltz as a self-made entrepreneur who is the founder and president...
- Infidelity -- or Inevitability? // Dealernews;Jul2005, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p8
Reports that O'Neal Distributing is the latest supplier to retail some of its products outside the traditional powersports sales channel in the United States. Trend for manufacturers to sell gear in nontraditional retail outlets; Example of Summit Racing, a big-box automotive retailer with two...
- Less is More. Walzer, Emily // SGB;May2004, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p36
Discusses several factors which affect the sales of dress and sports accessories. Tips for dealers who want to establish an accessory business; Accessory company which offers a collection of girls'-specific sports accessories; Locations for impulse accessory buying.
- NSGA Adds Educational, Networking Events for 2010. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;8/31/2009, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p2
The article discusses the changes in the 45th Annual Conference and 12th Annual Summit of the National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA) to be held in May 2010 in Florida. It states that the NSGA Management Conference & Team Dealer Summit Planning Committee has aired the changes that include the...
- JANUARY 2005 TRANSWORLD SKATEBOARDING retail directory. // Transworld Skateboarding;Jan2005, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p220
Presents a directory of dealers and retailers of skateboarding equipment. Zumiez in Arizona; Street Machine in Copenhagen, Denmark; Melrose Sports in Cebu City, Philippines.
- What has been your most-effective advertising strategy? // Archery Business;University2008, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p66
The article presents opinions from dealers in the U.S. archery industry on their most-effective advertising strategy. According to Jeff Byrne of Cabin Fever Sporting Goods, there is a need to target sportsmen when one advertise archery. He notes that the number one method for getting new...
- Dealer News. // Dealernews;Apr2004, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p14
Reports developments related to the sporting goods industry in the U.S. as of April 2004. Manufacture of Diamond Powersports Inc.'s new Billet Signal Light Caps; Distribution rights for the Hydrapak personal hydration system granted to White Brothers; Collaboration between Airwear Ltd. and...
- THE PLEASURE OF DOING BUSINESS. Roderick, Thomas // Dealernews;Apr2004, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p30
Presents the winner for the 2004 Top 100 Dealer competition in the U.S. Basis for the selection of MidAmerica Motoplex as the grand prize winner on the contest; Strategic advertising used by the company; Employment of Tucker Rocky's merchandising and retail environmental specialist Jennifer...
- Dealer Data. // Dealernews;Apr2004, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p38
Presents a corporate profile of Sioux Falls, South Dakota-based sporting goods dealer MidAmerica Motoplex. Owners, Number of employees; Years in business; Shop size; Dealer management system; Franchises.