U.K.-BASED CANDOVER BUYS THULE INC
- Candover's buyout of Swissport totals $341.3 million. Oliver-Mendez, Ken // Caribbean Business;2/21/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p17
Focuses on the completion of the purchase of ground handling firm Swissport by London, England-based firm Candover Services Ltd. Purchase price; Losses sustained by Swissport former parent firm Swissair Group upon Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing; Company background of Candover; Terms of agreement.
- Treatment of managed funds distinguished. // Accountancy;Jun91, Vol. 107 Issue 1174, p33
Reveals the treatment given by Great Britain-based management buyouts investor Candover to managed funds in its 1990 accounts. Non-inclusion of managed funds that do not provide substantial beneficial interest in income, assets or liabilities, in accounting for consolidation; Prevention of...
- Candover To Return Investor Capital. Davis, Avram // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/23/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p14
The article reveals the decision of London, England-based Candover Investments plc to return a large part of its 3 billion British pounds of buyout fund. The firm is now in discussion with limited partners to restructure the fund that would entail a smaller pool of investment capital and change...
- Bourne Leisure deal 'will be back on table' // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/14/2008, Issue 2813, p12
The article reports on the anticipated revival of the proposed stock deal of Candover Investments PLC with Bourne Leisure in Great Britain. Candover withdraw its investment plans with Bourne due to the expected changes and unstable consumer demand few days before the deadline set by the European...
- U.K. Group Acquires UCB's Films Unit. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/21/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 24, p11
Reports on the agreement between a consortium of British businessman Dennis Matthewman and private equity capital company Candover Partners for the acquisition of the film business of UCB company in 2004. Operations of UCB; Terms of the acquisition.
- Business/Finance. // CableFAX Daily;1/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the completion of the sale of UPC Norway to Candover Partners. Value of the sale.
- High Court allows Â£1.8bn sale of Expro to Candover. Goswami, Nina // Lawyer;7/7/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p14
The article reports on the High Court ruling regarding the Â£1.8 billion takeover of oil services provider Expro International company by a private equity consortium led by Candover company. It states Mason Capital and Saundell Asset Management block the Candover deal and asked the court to...
- U.K. Equity Groups Acquire BertelsmannSpringer. // Publishers Weekly;5/19/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 20, p20
Reports on the acquisition of publishing company BertelsmannSpringer by equity firms, Candover and Cinven. Cost of the acquisition; Revenue of BertelsmannSpringer in 2002; Plans of Candover and Cinven for the publisher following the acquisition; History of the merger between Bertelsmann and...
- U.K. Equity Firms Acquire Kluwer Academic. // Publishers Weekly;11/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 44, p16
Announces that British equity firms Candover and Cinven agreed to acquire Kluwer Academic Publishers (KAP) in 2002. Cost of the acquisition; Books and journals published by KAP; Number of employees; Number of books on the backlist of KAP.