U.K.-BASED CANDOVER BUYS THULE INC
- Candover's buyout of Swissport totals $341.3 million. Oliver-Mendez, Ken // Caribbean Business;2/21/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p17
Focuses on the completion of the purchase of ground handling firm Swissport by London, England-based firm Candover Services Ltd. Purchase price; Losses sustained by Swissport former parent firm Swissair Group upon Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing; Company background of Candover; Terms of agreement.
- Treatment of managed funds distinguished. // Accountancy;Jun91, Vol. 107 Issue 1174, p33
Reveals the treatment given by Great Britain-based management buyouts investor Candover to managed funds in its 1990 accounts. Non-inclusion of managed funds that do not provide substantial beneficial interest in income, assets or liabilities, in accounting for consolidation; Prevention of...
- Candover To Return Investor Capital. Davis, Avram // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/23/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p14
The article reveals the decision of London, England-based Candover Investments plc to return a large part of its 3 billion British pounds of buyout fund. The firm is now in discussion with limited partners to restructure the fund that would entail a smaller pool of investment capital and change...
- Bourne Leisure deal 'will be back on table' // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/14/2008, Issue 2813, p12
The article reports on the anticipated revival of the proposed stock deal of Candover Investments PLC with Bourne Leisure in Great Britain. Candover withdraw its investment plans with Bourne due to the expected changes and unstable consumer demand few days before the deadline set by the European...
- Recently bought Wellstream laying off workers in Florida. Higgs, Richard // Plastics News;4/28/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p8
The Newcastle, England-based plastic products manufacturer Wellstream International Ltd. plans to lay off as many as 100 workers at its Panama City, Florida operation. The company, which extrudes flexible pipe for undersea operations, was acquired by London-based private equity company Candover...
- Blaze closes Canadian PS recycling site. // Plastics News;4/28/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p8
A fire at the Canadian Polystyrene Recycling Association (CPRA) Mississauga, Ontario plant caused it to be shut down. The midday, four-hour blaze caused no injuries, according to Cathy Cirko, director general of the Environment and Plastics Industry Council and a director on CPRA's board. The...
- U.K. Group Acquires UCB's Films Unit. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/21/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 24, p11
Reports on the agreement between a consortium of British businessman Dennis Matthewman and private equity capital company Candover Partners for the acquisition of the film business of UCB company in 2004. Operations of UCB; Terms of the acquisition.
- Business/Finance. // CableFAX Daily;1/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the completion of the sale of UPC Norway to Candover Partners. Value of the sale.
- High Court allows Â£1.8bn sale of Expro to Candover. Goswami, Nina // Lawyer;7/7/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p14
The article reports on the High Court ruling regarding the Â£1.8 billion takeover of oil services provider Expro International company by a private equity consortium led by Candover company. It states Mason Capital and Saundell Asset Management block the Candover deal and asked the court to...