Knight and Fireman Announce Corporate Leadership Plans
- Can SC Johnson's Perez fill Knight's shoes as Nike CEO ? Thomaselli, Rich; Neff, Jack // Advertising Age;11/22/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 47, p6
Discusses the future of sporting goods company Nike Inc. with the appointment of package goods company SC Johnson's William D. Perez as president and CEO in 2004. Performance of Nike in the first quarter of 2004; Reason for the selection of Perez as replacement for Nike co-founder Phil Knight...
- The CEO forgot: Ads rule at Nike. Thomaselli, Rich; Cuneo, Alice Z. // Advertising Age;1/30/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the dismissal of William Perez as CEO of Nike Inc. in January 2006 due to a conflict that occurred between him and Nike co-founder and chairman Phil Knight. It offers information on the spending performance of Nike during the tenure of Perez. It also discusses some of the...
- Nike's New Man: Outside Choice Shocks Industry. Niemi, Wayne; Abel, Katie; Carofano, Jennifer; Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;11/22/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the reactions of several footwear industry executives to the decision of Phil Knight, chairman and CEO of Nike, to appoint William Perez as his successor. Expectation of executives on Knight's successor; Possible factors considered by Knight in selecting a successor outside the...
- Perez Resume Suits Nike. Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;11/29/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 47, p2
Compares the executive abilities of Phil Knight and William Perez, outgoing and incoming CEO of footwear company Nike respectively. Career background; Comments of marketing leaders on their capabilities; Priorities of Perez for Nike.
- Reebok: New hoop dreams. McManus, John // Brandweek;10/23/95, Vol. 36 Issue 40, p46
Focuses on Reebok's 1994 quarterly financial losses as reported by chairman Paul Fireman. Loss of company to Nike in high-performance shoe segment; Apparel license deal closed by Fireman with the National Basketball Association; Reebok's image-building potential.
- Nike Banking on International Business. FEITELBERG, ROSEMARY; RYAN, THOMAS J. // DNR: Daily News Record;3/20/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p10
The article reports on the announcement by apparel and footwear firm Nike Inc.'s chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Phil Knight that the company will rely on international sales and tighter control on the domestic front to continue its gradual recovery from the global crisis.
- Thanks to risky bet, Nike on right track. Knight, Phil // Executive Leadership;Dec2015, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p1
The article announces that Phil Knight, chairman of sports accessories company Nike Inc. will resign in 2016.
- Just doing it. Murdoch, Adrian // Accountancy;Jun99, Vol. 123 Issue 1270, p26
Focuses on Oregon-based Nike Inc. and its founder and chief executive officer Philip Knight. Company history; Growth of the company in the 1980s; Knight's plan to have the Nike brand mean the same to consumers in each of the 80-plus countries it operates; Nike's success in setting the standards...
- A Leap for Advertising. // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/16/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 24, p28
This Saturday, at the Cannes International Advertising Festival's final ceremony, Philip H. Knight, chairman of the board, chief executive officer and co-founder of Nike Inc., will be named advertiser of the year. The difference between Nike and most other major advertisers is that the...