- Snow+Rock. // Marketing (00253650);1/9/2008, p71
An interview with the marketing representative of Snow+Rock, retailer of snow-sports clothing and equipment is presented. When asked about the main challenges that their company's marketing team is facing, the representative refers to the moves and marketing process they are doing in introducing...
- Helping Customers Take Their Best Shot. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;Nov2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on Massachusetts-based sporting goods distributor Camfour. Importance of relations with sporting goods retailers; Development of distribution software; Provision of dealers with instant access to Camfour's warehouse; Trade show appearances; Marketing efforts.
- EVENT OUTLOOK. // Apparel Magazine;Jan2005, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p8
The article presents information about various activity related to apparel business. Breakfast seminar for apparel manufacturers sponsored by CommercialWare on January 13, in New York. National Retail Federation's Annual Convention is a conference and expo featuring retailing trends and...
- Russell's got game. // DSN Retailing Today;1/10/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p31
This article reports that Russell Corp. has transformed itself from a supplier of basic apparel items to a full-service sporting goods company that offers retailers an expanding slate of well-known apparel, equipment and footwear brands. The most recent example is Russell's mid-December...
- Little guys find ways to compete with chains. Battaglia, Tammy // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p20
Cites the sales strategies that Cleveland, Ohio-based independently owned sporting goods stores are using to stay competitive in a business saturated with big national retailers. Haney's Sporting Goods' Web site; Creative sales tactics; Cleveland Sporting Goods Co.'s customer service strategy;...
- retail IQ. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p61
A quiz related to sporting goods retailing is presented.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;2/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p25
Details retail developments related to the sporting goods industry as of February 17, 1997. Includes the closure of 50 Oshman's Sporting Goods stores; Merger of Las Vegas Discount Golf with Saint Andrews Golf; Home Team Advantage specialty store's opening in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;6/8/98, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p25
Reports on developments concerning sporting goods retailers in the United States as of June 8, 1998. Includes Sunny's Great Outdoors Inc.'s plans to double the number of its stores; Bass Pro Shops' sponsorship of a automobile racing team; JumboSports' intentions to open an additional store in...
- Sports Authority KOs competition, but contenders are still in the ring. // Discount Store News;7/01/96, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p74
Lists the top sporting good retailers in the United States based on sales in 1995. Sports Authority Inc., Sports and Recreation and Sportmart as the top three chains; Number of stores as of January 1996; Average store size; Comparison with 1994. INSET: Outlook..