All Bond Buyer Indexes Rise as Sell-Off Pushes Yields Higher
- BABs Help Catalyze Market While Boosting Issuers, Jobs. Nicholas, Mike // Bond Buyer;11/2/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33209, p35
In this article the author discusses the benefits offered by the Build America Bond (BAB) program to bond issuers in the U.S. He cites that more than 47 billion dollars of BABs have been issued by municipal governments, claiming that BABs create significant additional liquidity by drawing...
- What Would Jim Lebenthal Say? Lebenthal, Alexandra // Bondbuyer.com;12/4/2014, p4
The article discusses the need for leadership in the U.S. municipal bond market in 2014, when the amount of suspicion and fearmongering is greater compared to that during the Great Depression, there exists a great pressure on yields and its capital-structure seniority is being attacked. Topics...
- Munis Slide After Treasury Sell-Off; $113M of Port of Tacoma Bonds Price. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. Decline in the sale of municipal bonds; Fear of investors on the growth of interest rates; Bonds issued in the market.
- Sinking Treasuries Push Up Bond Buyer Yield Indexes. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/30/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32040, p40
The article reports that most of The Bond Buyer's yield indexes rose this week, taking a cue from Treasuries, which sold off Monday with tax-exempt prices following suit the next day in an otherwise inactive week in the municipal bond market. Fred Yosca, head of trading at BNY Capital Markets...
- Revenue Index At All-Time Low. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;3/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31840, p1
Cites the decline in "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's revenue bond index as of March 12, 2004. Decline in the municipal bond index; Developments related to economic conditions in the U.S.; Factors affecting the bond market.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p32
Presents data concerning the U.S. municipal bond market as of April 14, 2005. Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Visible supply declines; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Reoffering yields; Municipal bond index; Municipal bond prices.
- Bond Buyer Indexes Rise on Falling Oil Prices, Fat Supply. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32000, p52
Reports on the increase in the yield indexes mentioned in the periodical "The Bond Buyer." Effect of the decrease in the oil prices on the stock market; Growth in the municipal bond market; Rise of the revenue bond index.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, January 7. // Bond Buyer;1/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31796, p2
Presents a chart on the trading of U.S. municipal bonds on January 7, 2004. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; Thirty-day visible supply.
- Where will Ratios Go in 2012. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;1/23/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33650, p1
The article reports on the volatility of the ratios of municipal (muni) to Treasury bond yields in the U.S. in 2012. It states that the 10-year muni yield has reached 118 percent of the equivalent Treasury on November 23, 2011, and another 91 percent on January 17, 2012. It also mentions the...