- OUR REPUDIATED STATE DEBTS. Howland, Charles P. // Foreign Affairs;Apr1928, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p395
Eight of the sovereign States of the American Union owe large sums upon their bonds. They refuse to pay those sums, whether the face amount of the bonds or the amounts or benefits received by the States at the time they were issued, or any compromise amount. Many of these bonds are held by...
- TAX-EXEMPT ZERO-COUPON BOND PRICING. Williamson, Scott H. // National Tax Journal;Dec82, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p497
This article explores the incentives for issuing tax-exempt zero-coupon corporate bonds along with incentives for purchasing them in the U.S. An optimal holding period model is developed and its implications for pricing are considered. The issuer treats the annual amortization as a deductible...
- Wachovia Merging With South Trust. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31910, p1
Reports on the merger agreement between Wachovia Corp. and SouthTrust Corp. in a move for expansion and combined bonds in the U.S. Terms of the agreement; Combined assets and market capitalization; Shares and benefits of the merger for both companies involved.
- Harris County, Tex., to Take Out the Paper With $375M Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/10/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31758, p3
No abstract available.
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;9/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31965, p34
Presents a chart related to bond supply in Southeast U.S. as of September 9, 2004.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Saskal, Rich; Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p41
Reports on developments relevant to the bond market among states belonging to the far west region of the U.S. as of October 15, 2004. Alaska; California; Oregon.
- BENCHMARK BONDS. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 30, p19
Presents data on the benchmark bonds of several countries as of November 2004. Argentina; Brazil; Chile; Colombia.
- Houston Readies $250M Water and Sewer Refunding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/30/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32207, p26
Reports that Houston, Texas is expected to price a multimillion-dollar water and sewer utility bond refunding. Estimated proceeds from the issue; Statement of Michael Shannon, senior staff analyst for the Houston Department of Finance and Administration, regarding the city's utility bonds;...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bondbuyer.com;1/06/2014, p9
A chart is presented that depicts the results of negotiated sales of bonds as of January 2015.