Angelides Blames Schwarzenegger for Tribes Deal Delay
- Angelides: Deficit Bonds A Bad Idea. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31757, p1
Reports on the warning of California treasurer Phil Angelides to governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger against a large-scale deficit bond issue. Opposition for a deficit borrowing plan; Challenges faced in the state's budget; Comment of Schwarzenegger on the issue.
- Calif. ERB Data On Treasurer Web Site. // Bond Buyer;4/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31872, p2
Reports on the marketing of economic recovery bonds (ERB) in California. Information on the deal available for investors in the Web site of state treasurer Phil Angelides; Retail order period for ERB; Proposal put forth by governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in authorization for ERB.
- California Planning $12B. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/4/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32231, p1
Reports on the planned issuance of general obligation bonds in California. Benefits of the issuance to the state's annual debt service cost; Statement of state treasurer Phil Angelides on the impact of the deficit borrowing on the ability of the state to sell bonds; Criticisms over the...
- Recovery Bond Ratings Outshine GOs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31870, p1
Reports that the initial fixed-rate portion of the economic recovery bonds issued by the state of California got high ratings from Fitch Ratings, Moody's Investors and Standard & Poor's. Variable-rate sale of the remainder in May or June 2004; Sale plans by state treasurer Phil Angelides;...
- California Looking at $2 Billion Windfall From Tax Amnesty Offer. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32105, p6
Reports on the success of the tax amnesty program proposed by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in California. Factors contributing to the sudden surge in revenue; Total generated revenue; Statement of Treasurer Phil Angelides on the program.
- California's Schwarzenegger Presents $85.7B Budget. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32047, p36
The article informs about California Governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger announced his $853 billion general fund spending plan for fiscal 2006. With the state facing a structural budget gap of more than $8 billion, the proposal includes a variety of budget cuts and one-time measures to close the...
- A Missed Opportunity. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/18/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31886, p1
Reports on the revised fiscal 2005 budget proposal issued by governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in California. Prediction of the Legislative Analyst's Office on revenue growth and government reforms; Use of the proceeds from economic recovery bonds in the budget; Spending deferrals negotiated by the...
- Schwarzenegger Wants to Shut Off Power Financing Agency. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p40
Focuses on the plan of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to close the California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority. Function of the public agency; Value of debt issued by the authority motivating the governor's decision; Opposition of Treasurer Phil Angelides.
- Teachers Pick a Horse. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32312, p31
The article reports on the California Teachers Association's endorsement of state treasurer and gubernatorial candidate, Phil Angelides. The association also endorsed a June 2006 ballot measure to increase income taxes to support a universal preschool program. The teachers' union cites...