Philadelphia Hears Pitches in Search for Swap Adviser
- Derivatives & Structured Products. // Bond Buyer;12/27/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33638, p7
Several charts are presented which provide data from Municipal Market Data and Swap Financial Group LLC on the municipal swap index from January to December 2011, index-linked muni swaps, and bond yields vs. swap rates in the U.S.
- N.Y. MTA Taps Lamont, Swap Financial. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;5/24/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33321, p1
The article reports on the recommendation of New York State Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) that Lamont Financial Services Corp. and Swap Financial Group LLC will replace Goldman Sachs & Co. as its financial swap adviser. According to MTA spokesman Aaron Donovan, the decision to drop...
- Swap Financial gets new managing director. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;04/20/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30375, p31
Focuses on the appointment of John Keenan as managing director of Swap Financial Group. Career background; Educational attainment.
- Derivatives Vet Singer Moves to Swap Financial From Bear. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/7/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32789, p6
The article announces that derivatives specialist Nat Singer has been hired by Swap Financial Group LLC as its partner and managing director.
- Choosing the BDM of the Year. // Money Management;2/22/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p22
The article discusses the process of choosing the 2007 Money Management/Tribeca Business Development Manager (BDM) of the Year recipients. Accordingly, it is the industry participants who will put forward the names of BDMs they thought worthy of the awards. Companies from all states will...
- Dear John, Why you should stay. // Money Marketing;4/19/2012, p36
The author responds to an e-mail from an independent financial adviser (IFA) to a suggestion that IFAs appeared to be accepting the new retail distribution review (RDR) requirements and studying hard for the qualifications they will need after December 2012. He sympathizes with the IFA for his...
- Financial Fitness Using the Retirement Pyramid. // Financial Planning;Apr2010, Vol. 40 Issue 4, Special section pA5
The article describes the Retirement Pyramid developed by the Insured Retirement Institute in the U.S. which can be used as a tool by financial advisers to help explain investment decisions to their clients. The pyramid is made of the guaranteed income streams such as annuities, longer-term...
- Swap Financial Tries Again to Become New York MTA's Derivatives Adviser. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/21/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33336, p4
The article reports that Swap Financial Group LLC tries a second bid to become the derivatives adviser for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York.
- Swap Specialist: Look at the Libor Alternative When Calculating Rates. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31573, p32
Reports on the recommendation of Peter Shapiro, managing director of Swap Financial Group that tax-exempt bond issuers should consider an alternative calculation of rates in order to compensate for short-term losses. Drawbacks of using the standard Libor rates of accommodating such losses;...