NEWS IN BRIEF
- Household Wealth and Consumption. Altig, David E.; Meyer, Brent // Economic Trends (07482922);Apr2007, p22
The article offers a look at the household wealth and consumption in the U.S. in 2007. It was reported that the overall household net worth as a percent of disposable income keeps on expanding from its post-1991 recession low and is at historically high levels. In January 2007, the overall...
- Personal Income, Spending Up in April. Vadum, Mathew // Bond Buyer;5/31/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32143, p2
The article reports that personal income in the U.S. rose 0.7% in April 2005, while personal consumption increased 0.6%. Meanwhile, spending was up 0.6%, increasing by $53.6 billion to $8.66 trillion in April 2005, following a revised 0.9% climb in March 2005, originally reported as a 0.6% gain....
- Can Families Smooth Variable Earnings? Dynarski, Susan; Gruber, Jonathan // Brookings Papers on Economic Activity;1997, Issue 1, p229
No abstract available.
- Weekly family earnings: a quarterly perspective. Hayghe, Howard // Monthly Labor Review;Aug82, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p46
Presents an overview of weekly family earnings in the U.S. compiled as of August 1982. Discussion of family-oriented earnings series; Earnings situations of various categories of families at the end of 1981; Developments in unemployment and inflation in relation to family earnings.
- Infinite horizon CAPM equilibrium. Magill, Michael; Quinzii, Martine // Economic Theory;2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p103
This paper derives the equilibrium of an infinite-horizon discrete-time CAPM economy in which agents have discounted expected quadratic utility functions. We show that there is an income stream obtainable by trading on the financial markets which best approximates perfect consumption smoothing...
- vital signs. // Business Today;12/2/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p40
Several charts related to the economic development in India including private consumption, household income and share market performance of industries are presented.
- Inequality and the business cycle: A consumption viewpoint. Johnson, David S.; Shipp, Stephanie // Empirical Economics;1999, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p173
Abstract. Using Consumer Expenditure Survey data, we obtain summary measures of the distributions of income and consumption for each quarter between 1980 and 1994. We find that the trends in the distribution of income and consumption and the response of these trends to changes in inflation and...
- Japan jobless rate at 20-yr low. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/30/2015, pA02
The article reports on the decline of jobless rate in Japan in October 2015 but household spending fell despite forecasts for a slim gain while disposable income also fell.
- PROTECTION: Occupational hazards. // Design Week (Online Edition);6/9/2011, p44
The article informs that income protection is being hindered by bureaucracy, government interference and lack of consumer engagement. It further informs that the business is growing inspite of damaging inflation, increasing unemployment and slow consumer spending. It mentions that many manual...