Stormwater tax ruling sparks fight from Michigan counsel
- Union Pact Has Denver Hotel Back on Track. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31622, p4
Reports that Denver, Colorado Mayor Wellington Webb has agreed to a list of demands by a local union on the planned sale of hotel revenue bonds in the next few weeks, as of April 25, 2003. Threat of the Colorado Building and Construction Trades Council to force public vote on the planned sale...
- Marco Island, Fla., Planning $103 Million Water and Sewer Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31730, p48
Reports on the plan of officials at Marco Island into the debt market with the sale of water and sewer revenue bonds under pending approval by Collier County in Florida. Estimation of bonds to purchase the water and sewer system assets owned by the Florida Water Services Inc.; Proceeds to be...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31765, p13
Presents chart depicting negotiated bond sales in New York. Rate of multi-family housing revenue bonds; Sales; List of industrial development authority.
- Omaha Officials Ready to Vote on $94M of Redevelopment Bonds. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31318, p36
Reports on the voting of Omaha City Council in the U.S. on whether to authorize the sale of taxable and tax-exempt special obligation bonds backed by local and state revenues for the city's development as of February 5, 2002. Issue for which the council will vote; Sources of revenue collection...
- California Agency Gets Authorization for $1.02B of Lease Revenue Bonds. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p56
Reports on the authority of the California State Public Works Board to issue lease revenue bonds. Reduction of the budget gap by funding projects; Finance of higher education facilities; Enhancement of office buildings and classrooms.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;5/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31383, p31
Reports international developments on bonds as of May 2002. Details on the decision of the Standard and Poor's company to cut the underlying rating for revenue bonds issued by the Miami-Dade County for the Miami International Airport; Allocation of funds for various projects by Highlands...
- Low Participation, Lack of New Issues Leave Indexes Nearly Unchanged. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;7/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31421, p34
Reports the stability of the 'Bond Buyer' yield indexes in the U.S. Decline of market participation among the traders; Occurrence of stock losses; Amount of negotiated loans.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31436, p31
Reports developments related to bonds trading performance of states in the U.S. as of July 2002. Willingness of voters in California to approve bond measures; Decline of state revenues in Idaho; Efficiency of the state revenue collection at Wyoming.
- Virginia Revenue Woes Keep New Treasurer on Her Toes. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/1/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31440, p36
Reports the decline of bond revenues in Virginia. Impact of the shortfall on funds and state budget; Factors contributing to the revenue shortfall; Net revenue of the country.
- Charlotte Enters Into Swap on $108 Million Refunding. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/5/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31442, p3
Reports the marketing of the revenue refunding bonds in Charlotte, North Carolina. Generation of net-present value savings; Issuance of debt refunds fixed-rate debt; Finance for the water and sewer capital improvement program.