Census bill has bipartisan effort
- Jail Bait. Lach, Jennifer // American Demographics;Aug99, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p19
Presents information on a legislative bill introduced in the United States Congress that would allow states to count in the census felons they export to other states for incarceration. Reason behind the proposal; Arguments against the bill.
- Bills before Parliament. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Jan1991, Vol. 107 Issue 1169, p38
This article provides information on important bills before Parliament in Great Britain as of January 1991. The bills include the Census Bill, the Civil Jurisdiction and Judgments Bill, the Community Charges Bill, the Maintenance Enforcement Bill and the Planning and Compensation Bill. The...
- New Tricks for Those Republican 'Census' Mailers. Knutson, Ryan // Pro Publica;4/25/2010, p8
The article offers information on the census mailings send by the Republican National Committee (RNC) in the U.S. It is mentioned that the Prevent Deceptive Census Look Alike Mailings Act passed by the U.S. Congress in 2010 mandates that mailers having 'census,' word on the envelope should...
- Proposed census change would reveal undocumented immigrants. Mullin, Emily // La Prensa San Diego;10/23/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p2
The article reports on the opposition of 29 civil rights organizations on the legislation put forth by Sen. David Vitter and Sen. Robert Bennett which requires the indication of citizenship status in the 2010 census in the U.S. Leadership Conference on Civil Rights president Wade Henderson...
- A Lock on Our Past? Grace, Heather // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);May/Jun99, Vol. 23 Issue 146, p110
Focuses on the fight of genealogists, historians and writers over a Canadian law which denies access to census records collected after 1901. Provisions of the law; Effect to researchers; Proposed solution.
- Census sampling hit, but GOP backs away. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30621, p5
Reports on the United States House of Representatives' approval of a measure that would allow localities to challenge preliminary census number. Victory for Republicans who oppose the use of statistical sampling to count the nation's population; Impact of using sampling on population counts.
- CENSUS AS A FIELD OF PARTISAN COMPETITION. // Opinion Piece in Macedonian Press;7/10/2014, p1
In this article, the author focuses on the history of the censuses in Macedonia and mentions the need of unbiased model-census based on registers that is announced by the Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski.
- Global marine census role begins. // Ecos;Oct-Dec2003, Issue 117, p6
The article focuses on "Census of Marine Life," a massive international effort to assess the diversity, abundance and distribution of biodiversity in Earth's oceans. Along with 100 institutions in 20 countries contributing to the Ocean Biogeographical Information System supporting the census,...
- Provisions of the Census Bill. Fenn, J. Hart // Congressional Digest;Feb29, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p45
Examines the provisions of the Census Bill in the United States. Census of population, agriculture, irrigation, drainage, distribution, and mines; Omission of some administrative details incorporated in the law for the Fourteenth Census; Standard questions carried in all censuses.