N.J. lawmaker seeks to ban out-of-state bond lawyers
- Kraft Renamed with Capizzi Signals Passing of Torch. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;4/3/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34087, p1
The article reports that attorney John Kraft has declared that he is preparing to rename New Jersey's oldest bond counsel firm, by adding Jason Capizzi as a member and renaming it Kraft & Capizzi LLC. It states that name change to Kraft & Capizzi, from John L. Kraft LLC as he shared business's...
- NABL Reviews Opinion. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/19/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31040, p1
No abstract available.
- NABL calls for guidance on electronic bidding, Web sites. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30769, p5
Reports on the National Association of Bond Lawyers' adoption of an annual business plan. Development of guidance on legal and other issues from electronic bidding of municipal bond issues; Identification of issues from primary and secondary market disclosures; Drafting of a position paper.
- NABL Looks to Congress to Put the Tax Onus on Issuers. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/05/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31153, p4
Reports that the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) is hoping that the United States Congress will enact legislation to make issuers ultimately responsible for tax law violations. Support for the proposal of the NABL.
- Garvees in Okla. Supreme Court. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31722, p1
Reports on the opinion of assistant attorney general Lynn Rogers on the grant anticipation revenue vehicle bond program of the Oklahoma government. Consideration of the program as not a representative of state debt; Cost of the program; Unimportance of voter authorization on the program.
- Orlando Expressway Agency Urged Not to Pursue Case. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32742, p3
The article reports that attorneys and bond counsel for the Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority recommended against the pursuance of a court case, where the agency sought the right to collapse an escrow on defeased bonds in California. Joseph Passiatore disclosed that there's no...
- Lawyers Show Support for Electronic Bond Disclosure. Hume, Lynn // Securities Industry News;09/27/99, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p12
Reports that lawyers in a technology panel at the National Association of Bond Lawyers' annual Bond Attorney's Workshop have given their support for electronic bond disclosure in the United States. Obstacles in the electronic reproduction of bond transcripts; Calls for electronic disclosure in...
- NABL: Issuers May Be Able to Bid on Own ARS. Ackerman, Andrew; Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;2/29/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32826, p1
The article reports on the notice issued by the National Association of Bond Lawyers in the U.S. According to the article, the notice stressed that municipal issuers are allowed to bid on their auction-rate securities without incurring any violations in the securities laws as well as addresses...
- Scott: Transparency in Deals Fends Off IRS Actions. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32220, p7
Reports on the capability of bond lawyers to avoid Internal Revenue Service enforcement action and referrals to the agency's Office of Professional Responsibility by keep their deals transparent in Chicago, Illinois. Role of the bond counsel in maintaining the types of records kept by tax...