Don't Forget Your Shift Workers
- Changing rosters - managing roster change. Bonner, Rob; Beaumont, Rae // Australian Nursing Journal;Aug95, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p36
Part VI. Presents tips on how to manage nursing personnel shifting in Australia-based hospitals. Skills required of manager who will handle rostering; Essential steps in the change process; Maintenance of standards of care; Changing the mix of enrolled and registered nurses; Occupational and...
- Rotating shifts. Grassel, Milt // Supervision;Mar91, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the advantages and disadvantages of rotating shifts in employers and employees. Kinds of rotating shifts; Benefits that manufacturing company can gain when their employees work on a shifting basis; Situations were rotating shifts will not work; Advantages that employees can gain in...
- Screen applicants for shift compatibility. Mardon, Steve // HRMagazine;Jan97, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p53
Deals with the risk of being a shift worker. Types of shift schedules; Disadvantages of being a night shift worker; Health problems encountered by shift workers; Considerations in choosing shift workers.
- Change of shift high-risk for ED patients. // Patient Education Management;Jul2007, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p82
The article discusses the increased risk for communication lapses among nurses and physicians in emergency departments during change of shift and offers strategies to reduce such risk.
- SUFFICIENT WORKING SUBSETS FOR THE TOUR SCHEDULING PROBLEM. Easton, Fred F.; Rossin, Donald F. // Management Science;Nov91, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p1441
Mathematical programs to schedule service employees at minimum cost represent each feasible schedule, or tour, with an integer variable. In some service organizations, policies governing employee scheduling practices may permit millions of different tours. A common heuristic strategy is to...
- MOST TALKED ABOUT NEWS. // Employee Benefits;Sep2010, p17
The article presents the response of various readers on several issues related to employment in Great Britain including the possibility of a double work shift for women employees and the perception of employers on flexible working schemes.
- Bending time. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;May95, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p34
No abstract available.
- 12 Steps to Successful 12-Hour Shifts. Mardon, Steve // Power Engineering;Nov98, Vol. 102 Issue 11, p104
Lists several steps for effective implementation of 12-hour shifts in power plants. How companies can avoid overtime-related fatigue problems with employees; Suggestions on how to avoid communication breakdowns; Approaches that workers can employ in preparation for a 12-hour shift.
- Hellooo. Anybody listening? Ettorre, Barbara // Management Review;Nov97, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p9
Presents results of the survey conducted by Coleman Consulting Group on communication issues between company managers and shift workers in the United States. Responses from interviewed shift workers on how they communicate with their managers; Comments from president Richard Coleman on the...