Thousands face unemployment as EC reconsiders anti dumping measures
- Textile industry seeks urgent action over Chinese dumping. // Man-Made Textiles in India;Oct2015, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p397
The article reports on the concerns raised by the Indian domestic textile industry regarding the potential economic impact of the market availability of cheap textiles imported from China which may be attributed to its alleged dumping activities.
- Export soars, but ADD dampens MMF industry's hopes. // Indian Textile Journal;Nov2014, Vol. 125 Issue 2, p97
The article reports on the impact of Anti Dumping Duties (ADD) and safeguard duties imposed by several countries including Turkey, Brazil, and Peru on the competitiveness of textile industry of India. Examples of the investigation conducted by other countries on India's textile import are given....
- Washingtan Outlook. Morrissey, James A. // Textile World;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 155 Issue 10, p24
The article presents information related to the textile industry. Trade ministers from the 148-member World Trade Organization will meet in Hong Kong in December to start the Doha Round of trade liberalization talks. According to a recent analysis by the U.S. Trade Representative Rob Portman,...
- Textiles Top Dumping Cases. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/19/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 130, p11
The article reports that global textile exports accounted for the largest number of final antidumping measures imposed from July 1 through December 31, 2006. Among the countries targeted for the launch of antidumping investigations is China which accounts for 36 of the 103 new cases opened by a...
- Opportunities? Morrissey, James A. // Textile World;May2003, Vol. 153 Issue 5, p28
Provides updates on the 54th annual meeting of the American Textile Manufacturers Institute. Cooperation between the industry and government officials to address textile importation issues; Commitment of the government to the industry; Prevention of illegal imports. INSET: New ATMI Board Members.
- News. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;May71, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p21
The article offers news briefs related to the textile industry. U.S. textile imports amounted to 431 million square yards in February 1971. According to the American Printed Fabrics Council, 2.5 billion linear yards of woven printed fabric is expected to be produced by 1975. The third annual...
- EC anti-dumping decision upsets textile exporters. // Colourage;Nov96, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p56
Reports on Indian cotton textile exporters' protest to the European Union's decision to impose anti-dumping duty on unbleached cotton fabrics. Basis of the provisional anti-dumping duties; Response from the Cotton Textile Export Promotion; India's plan to take the issue to the World Trade...
- Texprocil fears EU anti-dumping levy will hit fabric exports. // Colourage;Sep96, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p77
Reports on the adverse impact of antidumping measures by the European Union on exports of unbleached cotton fabrics from India. Warnings issued by Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council chairman Sudhir Thackersey; Need for a dialogue with European trade officials.
- Euratex Exports Weak in '04. Zarocostas, John // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/8/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 5, p19
Presents information on the performance of the European Union's textile and apparel industry in the export and import trade in 2004 as estimated by the European Apparel & Textile Association (Euratex). Major destinations for EU textiles; Increase in EU textile imports from China; Production...