Apprentices make the grade with RDC
- GREEN NEWS Natural England. // International Turfgrass Bulletin;Jul2005, Issue 229, p19
The article reports that the British government, through a new Natural Environment and Rural Communities Bill, aims to bring together the Rural Development Service, English Nature and the Access Recreation and Landscape Remit of the Countryside Agency into a single, public body - Natural...
- Train on time. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;02/27/98, Issue 5077, p21
Focuses on the training opportunities for furniture workers being offered by furniture companies and other groups in Great Britain. Institute of Machine Woodworking Technology's compilation of a list of companies that can undertake training on machines; Shoe & Allied Trades Research...
- BSSA training courses. // Cabinet Maker;03/10/2000, Issue 5178, p3
Reports on the Delivering Customer Needs training course for the furniture industry in Great Britain sponsored by the BSSA on April 11 and 12, 2000.
- Learning difficulties. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;02/26/99, Issue 5127, p16
Focuses on the problems on the training of furniture workers in Great Britain and efforts of manufacturers to address the problem. Difficulty for manufacturers to recruit skilled machinists; Leitz UK's introduction of a manual on tooling selection, cutting angles and materials; Masterwood UK's...
- Japanese Savage. Savage, David // British Woodworking;Nov2013, Issue 39, p42
In this article, the author offers information on Japanese plane irons, a tool used for polishing woods.
- N.C. program to train uph. workers. Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;12/8/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p10
The article focuses on Combining Resources for Advancement of the Furniture Trade (CRAFT), a program which will offer classes to train furniture workers in North Carolina. The program is realized though several high-end upholstery and contract producers, local groups and a federal grant of...
- Youth experience work in Mexico. Gladue, Yvonne Irene // Alberta Sweetgrass;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the work experience program of the Aboriginal Youth Leadership organization, to be held in Mexico in January 2003. Benefits of the program for participants; Details of the program; Extension of the deadline for the program.
- Apprenticeship. // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Winter91/92, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p25
Asserts that apprenticeship is considered one of the best ways to enter a skilled trade. Registered programs exist for more that 800 occupations; Selecting a trade; Qualifying for a program; Vocational schools; Getting on a register; Apprenticeship opportunities; Labor unions, employer...
- Learning and working--together. Szabo, J.C. // Nation's Business;Jun92, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p34
Studies the ways apprenticeship programs benefit participating high-school students and the firms that train them. How such programs work; Support from the U.S. Department of Labor; Why school-to-work transition programs are important for American programs. INS ET: For more information on...