It's Monte Carlo or bust
- Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy. // Current Medical Literature: Lung Cancer;2012, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p82
The article discusses several studies on chemotherapy and radiotherapy as treatment options for lung cancer. Researchers from Royal Marsden Hospital investigated the use of amrubicin as single-agent or in combination with cisplatin versus cisplatin etoposide as first-line therapy in patients...
- Trastuzumab beyond progression in HER2-positive advanced breast cancer: The Royal Marsden experience. Waddell, T.; Kotsori, A.; Constantinidou, A.; Yousaf, N.; Ashley, S.; Parton, M.; Allen, M.; Starling, N.; Papadopoulos, P.; O'Brien, M.; Smith, I.; Johnston, S. // British Journal of Cancer;5/24/2011, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p1675
Background:Recent UK clinical guidance advises against continuing trastuzumab (T) beyond disease progression (PD) in the absence of brain metastases in patients with HER-2 positive (+ve) advanced breast cancer .We have retrospectively evaluated the outcome of patients with HER-2+ve locally...
- Radiology of soft tissue sarcoma: discussion paper. Golding, Stephen J.; Husband, Janet E. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Sep1982, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p729
The article discusses the significance of examining soft tissue sarcoma through radiology, which form a large group of diverse forms of malignancy. According to sources, several imaging techniques are available, but most hospitals are unlikely to have an established scheme of investigation, as...
- Primary Adult Renal Ewing's Sarcoma: a rare entity. Mukkunda, Ravindra; Venkitaraman, Ramachandran; Thway, Khin; Toon Min; Fisher, Cyril; Horwich, Alan; Judson, Ian // Sarcoma;2009, Vol. 2009, preceding p1
Background: Ewing's sarcoma of extra-skeletal origin is uncommon and those of primary renal origin in adults are rare. There is no consensus on the optimal management of Ewing's tumors of renal origin. Methods: A retrospective review of the clinical features, treatment and outcome of adult...
- From beard to worse. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/7/2002, Issue 2495, p24
Presents information on the 2001 Alternative Travel Awards in England. Award received by Rapid Travel Solutions' Lawrence Hunt; Winners of the Burkha Bimbos of the Year award; Amount raised by the travel industry for Friends of Conservation and the Royal Marsden Hospital in London.
- PARLIAMENT. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);12/11/1982, Vol. 285 Issue 6356, p1747
Reports on Royal Marsden Hospital and Health Services expenditures. Finance of national research programme on breast cancer; Trials of mammography and clinical examination in Guildford and Edinburgh; Percentage of total health services expenditure.
- AN AMERICAN IN LONDON. Bailey, Sarah // Harper's Bazaar;Aug2014, Issue 3625, p164
The article reports on a gala dinner that was hosted to celebrate the launch of new breast cancer center at Royal Marsden hospital in London, England and also mentions that the dinner featured American fashion designer Ralph Lauren and Duke of Cambridge Prince William.
- Staff calm in spite of freezing temperatures and thick smoke. // Nursing Standard;1/16/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p10
The article describes the tenacity and bravery of nurses during the evacuation of a huge fire at Royal Marsden Hospital in London, England. Shelley Dolan, chief nurse of the said hospital, said all staff are given mandatory fire training, so they were well prepared. They also found innovative...
- CHARITIES & PUBLIC SECTOR ROYAL MARSDEN HOSPITAL. // Marketing Week;10/13/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 41, p81
Features the campaign advertisement for the Royal Marsden Hospital, recipient of the Charities & Public Sector award at the Marketing Week Effectiveness Awards in London, England on October 11, 2005. Concept of the campaign; Benefits of the campaign for the hospital; Response rate for the...