Upgraded MEAG Prices $77M, With Eye On Restructuring $400M in 2005
- Munis End Flat, Treasuries Gain; Over $1 Billion of New Issues Sold. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31726, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of September 24, 2003. Market status of municipal bonds; Amount of major new issues sold by underwriters; Sale of state personal income tax revenue bonds by Citigroup Global Markets Inc. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, September 23.
- Mississippi's Variable Route. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31766, p1
Reports on the issuance of taxable and tax-exempt debt by the state government in Mississippi. Total amount of bonds the government will sell; Proceeds of the bond sale; Selection of Citigroup Global Markets Inc. as the underwriter and remarketing agent of the sale.
- MEAG at work on $35 million fiber-optic network. Cohen, Jodi B. // Bond Buyer;02/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30330, p48
Reports on the Georgia Municipal Electric Authority's construction of a fiber-optic telecommunications network, as part of efforts to capitalize on the value of its existing power-line rights of way. Objectives in building the network; Funding of the project; Plans to use bonds in the project.
- Public Improvement Deal. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p31
The article reports that the state of Hawaii has sold $350 million in general obligation bonds in a negotiated sale. The underwriting syndicate for the deal was led by Citigroup Global Markets Inc. Proceeds from the sale will be used to renovate parks, schools, libraries and other public...
- More Than $2.5B in New Issues Sell; Pennsylvania and Atlanta Deals Lead. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31969, p2
The article focuses on the municipal bonds. Municipal bonds were bid selectively better yesterday as more than $2.5 billion in sizeable new issues came to market, including an $805 million Pennsylvania general obligation offering and an $849 million Atlanta water and sewer revenue deal....
- N.J. Eyes Early October for $1.4B Cigarette Tax Revenue Bond Sale. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;9/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31969, p36
The article reports that the New Jersey Economic Development Authority yesterday amended an earlier resolution and approved the sale of about $1.4 billion of cigarette tax revenue bonds, paving the way for the second tranche of deficit bonds in early October intended to help plug a hole in the...
- Moody's Boosts Maryland Water Agency to Aaa. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;6/29/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32164, p4
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded its rating on $91 million of outstanding revolving loan fund bonds issued by the Maryland Water Quality Administration to Aaa from Aa2 in Washington. Value of loan repayments secured by Citigroup Global Markets Inc. from local governments;...
- Honolulu Issuing $150M in Wastewater Revenue Debt. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;7/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32177, p3
Reports that Honolulu, Hawaii is expected to sell $150 million of wastewater revenue bonds on July 19, 2005. First such issuance since the city authorized a series of large annual rate hikes to support the wastewater projects in June 2005; Appointment of Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and UBS...
- Softer First Half in California Pulls Down Far West Volume. Saskal, Rick; Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;8/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32195, p1
Reports on the decline in the bond issues sold by borrowers in the Far West. Success of Citigroup Global Markets Inc. as the top underwriter in Hawaii and in the region; Contribution of low long-term interest rates in encouraging issuers; Observation that most of the borrowing for schools is...