- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Fall Across the Board as long End Rallies. Johnson, Mathew // Bond Buyer;1/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32050, p6
The article reports that all of "The Bond Buyer's," weekly yield indexes fell as the long end of the municipal bond market rallied to catch up with the Treasury market as of January 14, 2005. While the yield curve is still relatively steep in the municipal market, it has flattened in U.S....
- An August Redux. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/12/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32752, p1
The article reports that several bond insurance companies including Merrill Lynch & Co., Citigroup Inc., and Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc., have reported large losses due to subprime-related holdings in the U.S. According to the report, the concerns raised by the losses have resulted in a second...
- Turmoil Tweaks Rankings. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;4/2/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32848, p1
The article reports on the ratings of municipal bond underwriters in the first quarter of 2008 in the U.S. Citigroup Inc. ranks first with 89 deals amounting to $13.5 billion, followed by Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. with 44 deals worth $8.4 billion, and UBS Securities LLC with 89 deals worth...
- NYC's muni bonds faux ABS. S.M. // Asset Securitization Report;11/22/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 45, p11
Reports on New York City's sale of $496.2 million in triple-A rated taxable municipal bonds via the Fiscal Year 2005 Securitization Corp. vehicle, a one-off transaction for the city being led by Merrill Lynch. Refinancing of general obligation bonds sold by the city in 1992 that advance refunded...
- Merrill sees decline in refunding deals. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;02/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30334, p31
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. has forecast a decline in advance refundings of municipal bonds in the United States in 1998. Refundings and interest rates; Tax code limitation to issuers.
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32545, p29
Several charts are presented which depict the market indicators in the U.S. as of January 10, 2007 including U. S. Securities Prices, Municipal Bond Index, and Merrill Lynch Corporate Bond Indexes.
- Underwriters Mostly Courting Institutions for Long-Term Deals. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p1
Highlights the results of a report from Merrill Lynch & Co. about the municipal bond market in the United States. Shift in the structure of long-term municipal bond deals to favor institutional buyers; Retail demand for the second half of 2004; Example of how current deal structures differ from...
- White Paper. Weinberger, Joshua // Financial Planning;Jun2005, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p22
Provides information on a preliminary report made by Merrill Lynch that assesses the long-term outlook for bonds in the market environment as of June 2005. Factors that could affect yields for long-duration bonds; Speculations of Merrill Lynch on the factors that may raise bond prices.
- Richmond's Utility Sale. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31931, p31
Reports on the plan of Richmond, Virginia to sell public utility revenue bonds. Leadership of Merrill Lynch &Co. Inc. on the transaction; Purpose of bond proceeds; Source of finance for various system capital projects.
- Bigger July GO Sale Set. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/22/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32386, p35
The article reports on the plans of Delaware to sell 172 million dollars in general obligation bonds to finance capital spending projects in the state. It will set aside around 43 million dollars for sale to retail investors. Merrill Lynch & Co. will be the book-runner of the transaction....