Massachusetts Looks to IRS Statute To Fund Lowell Courthouse Project
- Partisanship on Parade: Graham Says It's "Really American" To Avoid Paying Taxes Like Romnye. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;7/10/2012, p11
The article offers author's insights on the defense of Senator Lindsey Graham on the offshore account of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney. The author states that Graham argues that he is fine with Romney using the loopholes of the tax code on tax avoidance because it is...
- On the Record. // Time;6/4/2012, Vol. 179 Issue 22, p36
An interview with businessman and U.S. presidential candidate Mitt Romney is presented. Romney discusses the 2012 U.S. presidential election, his plans for reinvigorating the U.S. economy, and his work at the asset management firm Bain Capital. Romney's view on reforming the U.S. tax code is...
- HEY, WASHINGTON: ENOUGH ALREADY! COLVIN, GEOFF; SLOAN, ALLAN // Fortune International (Europe);9/3/2012, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p46
The authors discuss the economic plans of the U.S. 2012 Presidential candidates Democrat Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney, noting the lack of meaningful discussion of economic policy in the campaign. They address partisanship and the unwillingness of politicians to compromise and their...
- Ourflawed tax code is really the problem. // Hill;1/30/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p21
The author argues that the economic status of former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney reveals a tax code that magnifies his wealth and adds that Romney should pay more taxes.
- Take Two: UMass Settles on $153 Million in Updated Deal. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;7/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31686, p1
Reports that University of Massachusetts Building Authority is bringing $152.7 million of project and refunding revenue bonds to market after the concern of governor Mitt Romney. Reason for which Romney administration withdraw the project; Impact of governor objections regarding project on...
- Dems face tricky immigration choice. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;2/3/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p1
The article reports that the Democrats are facing a politically tricky option whether to agree with the compromise made by Grand Old Party (GOP) contenders Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich on the DREAM Act immigration bill.
- The Party's Problem. PONNURU, RAMESHS // National Review;12/3/2012, Vol. 64 Issue 22, p18
The author explores the reasons U.S. presidential candidate Mitt Romney was defeated in the 2012 election by President Barack Obama, focusing on Republican Party policies related to middle class economic interests. He argues that the party has become politically weak due to the perception that...
- Massachusetts Governor Caps Annual GOs at $1.25 Billion. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;10/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31731, p48
Reports on the approval of general obligation bond sales by Governor Mitt Romney in Massachusetts. Submission of legislature of proposal for capital spending; Plan of the governor's budget office to evaluate debt; Reductions of operating budget.
- Romney Calls For $1.15B in Road Bonds. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31819, p1
Reports on the bond authorization plan of Governor Mitt Romney in Massachusetts. Details of a legislature to continue investments for the improvement of roads and bridges; Guarantee given to the state for an increased transportation spending; Duration of the legislation submitted.