20 Years and One Vote
- Denver Justice GOs? Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32034, p27
The article reports that Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper said last week that he believes he can convince voters to approve a $350 million general obligation bond issue that would finance a new jail and justice center. Hickenlooper said that the current proposal would hold tax rates at their...
- Wall Street Takes Notice of Louisiana. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31994, p1
Reports that the state of Louisiana will sell general obligation bonds to interested investors. Assignment of A-plus ratings to the deal; Rates the GOs will yield when they are due many years from now; Issue on the rapid loss of wetlands.
- Lehigh Co., Pa., Outlook Positive. // Bond Buyer;7/12/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31923, p2
Reports on the rating of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania's general obligation bond.
- Bond Plans Abound as New England States Restore Fiscal Health. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/12/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31923, p34
Reports on bond plans of states and state authorities in northern New England. Bond issuance in the region.
- Brazil Issues New Bond. // Latin America Financial Alert;6/16/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the 10-year bonds issued by Brazil in June 2003. Price of the bonds; Significance of the bonds.
- Bond Questions Remain. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;5/17/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the possible approval of a county bond package in Pima County, Arizona. View of county administrator Chuck Huckelberry that adjustments to the secondary property tax will remain unchanged if voters approve the bonds; Identification of the current secondary tax rate; Argument of...
- U.S. TREASURY BONDS. // Caribbean Business;8/19/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 35, p64
Provides information on the United States treasury bonds. Maturity; Yield.
- FAR WEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p46
Presents a table on proposed bond issues in the Far West region of the U.S. as of June 4, 2004. Net amount of the bond issue; Approval status; Expected sale date.
- The Bond Market and Fiscal Institutions: Have Budget Stabilization Funds Reduced State Borrowing Costs? Wagner, Gary A. // National Tax Journal;Dec2004, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p785
Since budget stabilization funds have the potential to aid states in mitigating periods of fiscal stress, they may reduce the default risk associated with state-issued debt. This paper explores how budget stabilization funds affect state borrowing costs. While the empirical results reveal that...