THE TRADING FLOOR
- Union of Calif. Unloads Its Health Savings Line. Garmhausen, Steve // American Banker;9/3/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 170, p11
The article reports that Union Bank of California decided to sell its health savings account (HSA) division to HealthEquity Inc. Greg Kirland, vice president of Union Bank's retirement planning business, said that the bank never used its HSA division very much. HealthEquity's founder, Stephen...
- Union Bank Buys Japanese Affiliate's Trust Accounts. Cole, Jim // American Banker;12/16/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 240, p2
Reports that Union Bank of California, which has steadily expanded its asset management business, has acquired substantially all the trust accounts of Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi Trust Co. Announcement that it had opened a full-service trust office in New York and had acquired accounts representing...
- ROBERT A. McNEELY. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;3/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p41
The article profiles Robert A. McNeely, senior vice president and manager of the San Francisco, California-based bank Union Bank of California's community development division. In addition, he serves as the chairman and chief executive officer of the bank's foundation. He began his career in...
- Union Bank Agency Deal Bolsters It in San Diego . Gjertsen, Lee Ann // American Banker;12/20/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 243, p9
Reports on the second acquisition of San Diego, California-based insurance agency John Burnham & Co. by Union Bank of California. Employees in John Burnham; Reference to the first acquisition deal by the bank; Union Bank's plans to acquire more small insurance companies.
- New bank branch already had deep local roots. Sabbag, Gary E. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jun98, Vol. 12 Issue 6, pA8
Announces that Union Bank of California is expected to open its first branch east of the Cascades in Wenatchee, Washington, before July 1998. Background information on Union Bank; Bank's outstanding loans; Manager of the Union Bank's Wenatchee branch.
- Bank managers hitting the streets for business. Grupe, Arthur S. // San Diego Business Journal;06/28/99, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p6
Reports on the success of a strategy implemented by Union Bank of California to boost its business in San Diego, California. Focus on small business; Requirements set for bank managers dealing with small business managers; Businesses obtained by the bank.
- Union Bank Moves Private Bank Office. // San Diego Business Journal;11/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 46, p3
The article reports that Union Bank of California NA has moved its banking office in La Jolla, San Diego, California.
- Union Bank of Calif. Aims to Boost Efficiency. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;3/26/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 58, p4
Reports on the plan of the Union Bank of California to boost its efficiency. Elimination of some divisions; Redeployment of capital.
- All Union Branches Accepting Mexico IDs. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;5/6/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 86, p24
Reports the acceptance of identification issued by Mexican consulates to Mexican citizens living in the U.S. in all branches of Union Bank of California. Services offered by the banking company; requirement of a secondary form of identification.