Florida Bill May Threaten Storm Fund's Tax-Exempt Status
- Black Caucus Touts House Plan for $50B in Private-Use Bonds. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;11/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32854, p5
Reports on the passage of the Hurricane Katrina Recovery, Reclamation, Restoration, Reconstruction and Reunion Act of 2005 by the Congressional Black Caucus in the U.S. Opportunity of the Gulf Coast sates to issue as much as 50 billion dollars of federally guaranteed tax-exempt private activity...
- Protect Brazil's land to avert disasters. Zucco, Carlos A.; Oliveira-Santos, Luiz Gustavo R.; Fernandez, Fernando A. S. // Nature;2/17/2011, Vol. 470 Issue 7334, p335
The article reports that a draft bill is being considered by the Brazilian congress to prevent environmental disaster and protect its land areas.
- Senate Passes Bill to Help American Samoa's Bonds. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p4
Reports on the U.S. Senate Finance Committee's approval of a bill that would make American Samoa's tax-exempt bonds more attractive to investors. Key provisions of the legislation.
- GOP Legislators Again Targeting Trust Fund in GSE Reform Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/15/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32154, p4
This article reports that some conservative lawmakers in the U.S. are trying for a second time to kill a provision in a government-sponsored enterprise regulatory reform bill that could lead to $1.6 billion of tax-exempt bond issuance. They are arguing that the provision would create a political...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32854, p33
Focuses on "The Bond Buyer" legislative status report in the U.S. Proposal of eliminating the use of tax-exempt bonds to finance sports stadiums for professional teams; Extension of pro rata disallowance of interest expense to tax-exempt interest earned by property and casualty insurers;...
- Market participants criticize ongoing use of retroactive effective dates. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/26/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30755, p5
Focuses on the concerns about a trend among legislators of introducing bills aimed at curbing tax exempt bond transactions that carry retroactive effective dates in the United States. Reactions of lawyers and members of municipal bond community to the trend.
- DC Enterprise Zone Bond Program, Other E Zone Programs, Are at a Crossroads. Shay-Byrne, Olivia; Fick, Philip J. // Municipal Finance Journal;Winter2004, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p88
Focuses on the District of Columbia's Enterprise Zone bond program which expired on December 31, 2003. U.S. Senate bills which have provisions that would extend the Enterprise Zone bond program beyond December 31, 2003; Tax-exempt Enterprise Zone facility bonds issued by the District;...
- The Virtues Of Incentive. Evans, M. Stanton // National Review;9/29/1978, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p1216
This article discusses the social aspects of tax incentives in the U.S. The author focuses on a bill introduced in the House. The bill provides reductions in taxes on capital gains, both through a lowering of the maximum rates and through indexing to account for increases in property values...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;1/9/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32294, p26
The article reports on the status of various legislations that were proposed in the 109th Congress in January 2005 relating to tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. A recommendation was made by the Joint Tax Committee regarding the elimination of the 10% private-payment test for professional sports...