Acting Assistant Treasury Secretary for Tax Policy Resigns
- Free tax advice at CCC. // Chinatown News;3/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p38
Reports that Canadian low income earners and seniors can get free tax advice at the Chinese Cultural Centre, Richmond Office, courtesy of the CGA Assn of BC. What are the income requirements for individuals and for families.
- Get the most from your tax adviser. Murray, Dennis // Medical Economics;2/10/1997, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p158
Presents advice in maximizing the services rendered by tax advisers to physicians in the United States. Choosing an adviser familiar with the health care system; Frequency of checking one's financial statements; Ten most common tax-filing errors.
- Questions your accountant should ask you. // Medical Economics;2/10/1997, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p166
Presents common questions tax consultants should ask their physician clients in the United States. Change in civil status or family; New investments; Charitable contributions.
- Managing risk in a tax practice. Stevens, Michael G. // Practical Accountant;Mar2000, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p39
Examines how attention to details and well-honed office procedures can help tax professionals avoid malpractice claims. Importance of client selection; Development of a carefully drafted engagement letter; Document safeguards; Proliferation of problems involving estimated tax amount...
- Checklist of tax issues. // Money Management;4/26/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p16
The article offers suggestions for tax advisers on preparation of budget for the upcoming financial year and taxation issues.
- Tax On Children's Investments. Bhayani, Rita // India Currents;Nov2015, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p36
The article offers suggestions for tax planning for children's investments including scheduling an appointment with tax consultant, being aware of the factors that can lead to investments being taxed and age requirements for taxation.
- Did your tax preparer measure up this year. Burg, Brad // Medical Economics;4/10/95, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p77
Offers physicians some guidelines for evaluating the performance of their tax advisers. Factors to consider include the adviser's qualifications; Punctuality; Whether the adviser plans ahead; Assessment of the physician's relationship with his adviser; Whether the adviser answers clearly the...
- Tax Preparers. // Inside Tucson Business;9/25/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p29
A chart is presented that lists tax preparers based on their ranking including Jackson Hewitt Tax Service, Dave Stevens Realty & Tax Service and Beach Fleischman & Co., PC
- CAUGHT IN THE NET YET? Fearnley, Stella; Hines, Tony // Accountancy;Dec1997, Vol. 120 Issue 1252, p42
Reports on the regulation of tax advisers in Great Britain. Implications of the introduction of self-assessment; Adverse effects of totally unregulated market. INSETS: WHAT TO ASK YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER;INTERNET SERVICES FOR SMALL BUSINESSES.