Weekly T Bills Co At 2.180%, 2.465%
- Sounding the investment products alarm for bank management. Sraeel, Holly // Bank Investment Consultant;Feb2000, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on a study that measured consumer perceptions of banks, full-service brokerages and mutual fund companies in the United States. Bank attributes that were given high marks; Significance of the `convenience' factor in customers choice of banks; Low ratings given to banks in terms of...
- THE DISCOUNT FACILITY AND STAGGERED RESERVE PERIODS. Berman, Peter I. // American Economist;Spring73, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p82
Gives a partial assessment of the reserve reallocation role served by the discount facility during the early 1960s when large bank reserve adjustment faced the additional constraint of staggered reserve computation period. Schema for disaggregating large banks based upon differing modes of...
- The Arab Bank Group. // Doing Business with Bahrain;2005, preceding p1
Provides information on the Arab Bank Group located in Jordan. Origins; Number of branches; Financial services offered.
- A theory and contractual framework of Islamic micro-financial institutions' operations. Smolo, Edib; Ismail, Abdul Ghafar // Journal of Financial Services Marketing;Mar2011, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p287
Microfinance is seen as a 'new paradigm' for bringing about development and eradicating poverty. Many studies prove that the provision of small amounts of credit to the poor is crucial in this new paradigm. However, these studies mainly focus on the conventional microfinance institutions (MFIs)...
- Non-Linear Models and the Forward Discount Anomaly: An Empirical Investigation. Lanouar, Charfeddine // International Journal of Economics & Finance;Feb2010, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p81
In this paper, we propose a non-linear approach to explain the forward discount anomaly. We use two classes of non-linear models: models with changes in mean and long memory process. Our empirical results show that the non-stationarity of the forward discount series is the causes of the...
- Discount pioneer Caldor blazing upscale trail in the Northeast. Halverson, Richard // Discount Store News;8/16/93, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p88
Focuses on discount store pioneer Caldor. Operating territory and competition from Wal-Mart and Kmart; Ownership history; Use of the stockmarket for capital formation; Plans for expansion; Bidding for six New York, New York metro stores; ; Experience in operating alternative discount store...
- First Credit and Discount Corporation (Private) Limited. // Economic Review (05318955);Apr99, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p18
Features the First Credit and Discount Corporation (Private) Limited (FCDC) in Pakistan. History of FCDC; Context of the FCDC discount houses; Development of capital market as the main objective of the bank; Services offered.
- TOOLS OF THE ONLINE TRADE. Newell, Amy // Bank Technology News;May2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p30
Reports on the trend of electronic commerce in the U.S. Reason of the stagnant online brokerage market; Percentage of Internet households using online brokerage; Strategies of discount brokerages to gain an edge in the market.
- Idaho Latest To Adopt Dress Code For Security. // Credit Union Journal;10/25/2004, Vol. 8 Issue 43, p13
This article focuses on certain changes made by Idaho's credit union. Idaho's credit unions have become the latest to adopt the "No Hats, No Hoods, No Sunglasses" policy for people entering branches. The program is already in place in at least two other states, including Missouri, which is...