March 1 Deadline Set for Joining California Pooled-Bond Program
- Methodological Principles and Conditions for Issuing Subfederal Bonds. SCHERBAKOV, Aleksandr A. // Upravlenec;2015, Issue 1, p16
The paper scrutinizes the existing conditions and principles of issuing bonds aimed at financing expenditure commitments of the budgets of the RF subjects. The author has conducted an in-depth analysis of existing legal acts regulating the issue of subfederal bonds in order to discover...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32096, p31
Reports on developments related to bonds in the Midwest. Appointment by Governor Rod Blagojevich of five people to head the Illinois Gaming Board; Resignation of The financial manager that was appointed by the state of Michigan to oversee the city of Highland Park's budget; Proposal by...
- ALASKA: Palin Pushes $240M of GOs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/18/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32798, p9
The article reports on the support of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin for a plan to request $240 million of general obligation bond authorization for the state. Palin told that the bond request, which is intended for transportation projects and a crime laboratory, makes sense because voters will...
- North Carolina Back at Work on Budget, College Debt. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/14/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31925, p4
Reports on North Carolina lawmakers' budget discussions. Debate on the amount to be borrowed through the sale of bonds for several state university projects; Conflicting amounts requested by the House and Senate for the university health facility projects; General Assembly's deliberation of...
- Virginia Legislators Reach Deal on Biennial Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p4
Reports that Virginia House of Delegates and Senate legislators have reached a compromise on the state's budget for fiscal 2005-2006. Compromise budget plan; Protection of the state's triple-A bond rating; Plans to boost spending on education, health care, public safety and state workers' salaries.
- Pennsylvania Seeks Team For $1B Deal. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31970, p1
Reports on the search by Pennsylvania for an underwriting team to work with recently created Commonwealth Financing Authority (CFA). Expectation for the start of the sale of state appropriation bonds; Effort of state Governor Edward Rendell for a statewide economic development; Request from CFA...
- Macroeconomic policies. // OECD Economic Surveys: Slovak Republic;Mar1999, Vol. 1999 Issue 8, p49
Examines the progress of Slovakia in terms of its fiscal situation. Features of the state budget; Overview of the funding arrangements for the Slovak social security system; State funds and investment projects.
- Senate Committee Passes $560M Spending Plan, Authorizes $400M of GOs for D.C. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p4
Reports on the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee's approval of the fiscal 2005 spending bill for Washington, D.C., which authorizes the city to sell general obligation bonds. House version of the measure; Funding of programs under the bill.
- Summaries of Papers in this Issue. Tomohara, Akinori; Wagner, Gary A.; Seida, Jim A.; Wempe, William F.; Brien, Michael J.; Dickert-Conlin, Stacy; Weaver, David A.; Paton, David; Siegel, Donald S.; Williams, Leighton Vaughan // National Tax Journal;Dec2004, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p779
This section presents summaries of articles on bond market and fiscal institutions.