Charity check; FTBA
- Business news in Brief. // Inside Tucson Business;12/27/99, Vol. 9 Issue 40, p2
Presents business-related news items in Tucson, Arizona for the week ended December 27, 1999. High occupancy rates of local resorts; Statistics on the donations made by residents to charity.
- Bringing some sunshine. // Cabinet Maker;10/1/2004, Issue 5408, p31
The article reports on the proposed vacation of Bernard and Violet Durrant, the former Ercol workers. They are the latest beneficiaries of FTBA's Edenfleld Holiday Scheme.
- People & Places. // Travel Agent;1/22/2007, Vol. 328 Issue 5, p34
The article presents photographs of related to the travel industry, along with highlights of the events. One is a picture of Bahamas Babies Relief Fund director Wendy Marquand accepting donations on behalf of the Caribbean Tourism Organization, another is of Lorraine Arzt who is honored by Sea...
- BREAK FREE. Wigfall, Valerie // Community Care;12/16/2004, Issue 1553, p34
Presents information on the Family Breaks project resulting from the partnership between Family Holiday Association and holiday provider Veritas in Great Britain in 2004. Goal of the project; Benefits of the Family Breaks for families; Challenges encountered during the pilot project.
- FHA charity calls for online lottery entries. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/7/2006, Issue 2724, p20
The article reports on the call of the Family Holiday Association, a charity backed by the travel industry, for travel agents and operators to support it by entering an online lottery in Great Britain. For each Â£1 entry in the lottery, the charity can directly receive 30 pence and can benefit...
- Travel Foundation gifts a web hit. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/9/2009, Issue 2848, p14
The article reports on the success of a campaign by the Travel Foundation and the charitable institution Global Giving, which involves giving Christmas presents that make a difference in travel destinations. According to the author, the success prompted the groups to run a similar sales...
- Foundation built on trade support. Nelson, Paul // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;7/23/2004, Issue 1728, p17
Sustainable tourism charity the Travel Foundation has celebrated its first birthday with the news that more operators are backing its cause. Virgin Holidays Ltd. is to donate 25,000 pound to the charity, while Cosmos, Thomas Cook and Golden Sun Holidays will now encourage customers to make a...
- Travel on the tube. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/11/2004, Issue 2618, p47
Highlights the It's a Knockout fun day organized by travel agent Holiday Place to raise funds for the charity John Grooms. Contact information.
- Give charities a helping had to travel. Yates, Nick // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/6/2005, Issue 2664, p42
Focuses on the charity travel booking market in Great Britain. Key Travel's service tailored to meet the unique requirements of the sector; Tips to travel agents on how to tap into the sector; Friends of the Galle Project's relationship with Real Holidays.