- Teams to submit bids for airborne laser. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/10/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 24, p45
Discusses progress of the United States Air Force's Airborne Laser (ABL). Its backing by the Clinton Administration and Congress; Details of ABL; Assertion that program is on schedule.
- Successful smart munition tests. Smith, Bruce A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/16/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 12, p17
States that the US Air Force Miniaturized Munitions Technology Demonstration (MMTD) program completed four sled tests at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida. The goal of the trials.
- Helicopters: H-1 H-53 H-60. Kelsey, Nate // Flying Safety;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 58 Issue 1/2, p38
Reports on the 2001 mishap record of H-1, H-53, and H-60 helicopters of the United States Air Force.
- Eagle vision trials readied. Covault, Craig // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/16/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 20, p56
Reports on the United States Air Force's field trials for its Eagle Vision portable ground station/intelligence integration system that will utilize Spot satellite imagery. Merging of commercial and non-American systems into basic U.S. intelligence and air mission planning capabilities;...
- Creating a dependency. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/25/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 17, p17
Reports on plans by the US Air Force for off-board sensing on generations of aircraft, like those evolving from the Joint Advanced Strike Technology (JAST) program. Installation of data links on aircraft instead of radars or infrared cameras; Limited number of E-8 J-STARS and E-3 AWACS...
- The Weaponization of Space. Belote, Howard D. // Aerospace Power Journal;Spring2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p46
Focuses on the debate in the United States Air Force over the deployment of weapons in outer space. Steps toward space weaponization in the 1960s; Arms control counterargument for deployments of antisatellite weapons or space-based ballistic missile defense; Lessons to be learned from the space...
- Senate panel bolsters 1999 arms procurement . Mann, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/18/1998, Vol. 148 Issue 20, p72
Reports that the Senate Armed Services Committee has raised Pentagon weapons spending for 1999. Reasons for the budget raise; Recommendations of the Senate panel for aviation accounts in 1999; Contract to purchase the Longbow Hellfire missile as a cost-cutting measure; Other recommendations of...
- Washington outlook. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/24/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 4, p33
Reports on developments in military aerospace technology and government policy. Conversion of air-launched cruise missiles into decoys; Addition of non-lethal weaponry to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) arsenal; Postponement of deployment of the F-22 air superiority fighter.
- Air Force reducing to 20 fighter wings. // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun95, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p7
Reports that the US Air Force will reach its goal of 20 fighter wings by the end of 1996.