- WORLD NAVAL DEVELOPMENTS. Friedman, Norman // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jan2001, Vol. 127 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on developments related to naval weapon systems, current as of January 2001. United States Air Force's development of miniature guided bombs; Bird-Johnson's introduction of its generation of highly efficient waterjet propulsors.
- V-22 Problems Strain Military's Force Plans. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/19/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p31
Reports that the problems with the V-22 tiltrotor and the ensuing delays from multiple reviews are threatening to disrupt the Pentagon's force structure plans as gaps in United States military capability emerge. Other factors that could delay the full-rate production; Impact of the delays for...
- Joint forces project power ashore. // Marines;Jun94, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the power projection demonstrated by the US Army, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard team during the Exercise Agile Provider 94. Combat phase of the exercise; Purpose of the exercise; Countries participating in the joint exercise; Estimated number of military people...
- Joint forces support CAX. Gauthier, Rodney // Marines;Jun94, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the combined exercise conducted by the United States armed services at the desert at Twentynine Palms. Focus on the immediacy of combat planning; Massive demonstration of the US' fighting arsenal as applied on a possible real world situation; Finale of the exercise.
- Disabling systems. Debban, Alan W. // Airpower Journal;Spring93, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on the United States Armed Forces' development of disabling systems, munitions which aims to reduce the casualties and property damages during war. Shortcomings of the precision guided munitions used by the military during Operation Desert Storm; Types of disabling technologies;...
- Turning IR missile may be overrated. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/16/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 16, p38
Reports that according to US Air Force acquisition deputy Lt. Gen. George Muellner, the US military services are convinced they need to develop another short-range missile. Possibility of overemphasizing the importance of a turning infrared missile; Existence of the advanced medium-range...
- The emerging system of systems. Owens, William A. // Military Review;May/Jun95, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p15
Asserts that the United States must design its military forces more specifically in terms of their political purposes. Areas of technology relied upon by the visions of US military services; Interactions and synergism of the said areas of technology or systems; Digitization, computer processing...
- Defenseless America. Codevilla, Angelo M. // Commentary;Sep96, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p51
Opinion. Comments on America's defense weapons. Threats posed by foreign countries with sophisticated weapons; Demise of Ronald Reagan's Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI); US Army's Theater High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD); Anti-defense logic of the anti-ballistic missile treaty of 1972.
- Boeing wins `Star Wars' $1.6B award. Dorsch, Jeff // Electronic News;05/04/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2217, p4
Highlights the selection of Boeing Co. by the Joint Program Office of the Department of Defense's Ballistic Missile Defense Organization to become the lead system integrator for the National Missile Defense (NMD) program. Aspects of the NMD, the defense program formerly called Star Wars and...