Career field breakdown
- An offer you can't refuse. McKenna, Tech. Sgt. Pat // Airman;Oct98, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p26
Reports that the US Air Force Recruiting Service is looking to hire potential recruiters. Factors responsible for the shrinking pool of qualified and interest candidates; Qualifications of Air Force recruiters need by the service; Incentives offered to potential candidates; Comparison of...
- Strategy for a second career. Malham, Mark C. // Military Review;Sep1994, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p61
Discusses how military professionals contemplating retirement should assess their employment prospects as civilians. Marketability of ex-military people in civilian industries; Thinking points for those on the cusp of a decision to quit the service; Placing of a premium on useful skills; Need...
- An Epiphany of Sacrifice. Cochenour II, Mark D. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Feb2001, Vol. 127 Issue 2, p43
Focuses on the service and life of a navy in the United States. Commitment to serve in the community; Demands of high technology equipment and high tempo operations; Memories of the sacrifices.
- Pentagon puzzled by blacks' lack of interest in joining the military. // Jet;06/10/96, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p33
Reports on the results of a Pentagon survey showing a low number of young black males interested in joining the army. Finding as the lowest ever in the agency's annual surveys; Military historian Alan Gropman's interpretation of the findings; Background on the Pentagon's advertising for...
- Turnover in the all-volunteer military. Levitan, Sar A. // Monthly Labor Review;Jan78, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p34
Analyzes the enlisted turnover rates in the all-volunteer military in the U.S. Attitudes and perception of youths towards military service; Factors determining the retention patterns; Changes in the reenlistment rates.
- Positions available world-wide for reserve soldiers. McCaskill, Larry D. // Army Reserve Magazine;Fall2001, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the career opportunities offered by the United States Army's Military Traffic Management Command to service members under the Individual Mobilization Augmentee program.
- Service before Self. Gattuso Jr., Joseph A. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Feb2001, Vol. 127 Issue 2, p56
Focuses on the concept of military service in the United States. Disparity between the concept of selfless service and the supremacy od self; Qualities that characterize service; Continuation of the ability to serve.
- Organizations help veterans transition to the workplace. Culp, Mildred // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/15/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 37, pP20
In the article, the author features several organizations in the U.S. working to help military veterans in finding work in the civilian workplace as of mid-September 2014. Among such groups are the Silhouttes for VETS Inc., Jobless Warrior, and DaVita Kidney Care. The opinions of Jobless...
- A Diversity Focus for the Armed Forces. Richards, Simone // Black Enterprise;Oct2009, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p48
The article offers a look at the efforts of the U.S. military to address the advancement concerns of African American personnel. Former President Harry Truman signed Executive Order 9981 in 1948 envisioning an armed force that would extend opportunity to all persons regardless of their...