Active Air Force, reserve & guard facilities
- Living in a Small Town. Hayward, George // Airman;Aug99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p2
Cites the advantages of working and living inside a United States Air Force Base. Facilities available; Details on the life inside the base.
- USAF Announces Candidate Locations For Two New Organizations. // Defense Daily;1/22/2009, Vol. 241 Issue 11, p9
The article reports on the possible locations for two new U.S. Air Force organizations, the Air Force Global Strike Command and the 24th Air Force, as announced by Air Force officials. It mentions that the optional bases for Global Strike Command include Barksdale AFB, Louisiana and F.E. Warren...
- Empire Bloat. Weigel, David // Reason;Dec2008, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p13
The article presents information on the reduction in the number of military bases of the U.S. in foreign countries from 1,014 in 1967 to 823 in 2007. Kyrgyzstani President Kurmanbek Bakiyev has threatened to close down the Manas air base in his country, demanding more payment for rent. While in...
- Obama leaves Abe hanging in messy relocation deal for Okinawa base. // Geo-Strategy Direct;4/ 3/2013, p1
The article reports on the failure of U.S. President Barack Obama to provide a timeline to Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on the relocation of the Marine Corps Air Station Futenma in Ginowan, Okinawa Island, Japan. It states that the issue remains a major threat on the relationship of both...
- Shall they return? // U.S. News & World Report;7/1/91, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p15
Notes the US Geological Survey is currently running computer mapping exercises to determine whether Clark Air Base in the Philippines will be flooded as rivers full of volcanic ash from Mount Pinatubo change course. Pentagon officials aren't sure that troops evacuated from the base will ever...
- NAF Midway. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p11
Features the Naval Air Facility in Midway Islands disestablished on October 1, 1993. Events of importance to the place; Renewal of its importance in July 1958; Scope of operations.
- Hub of the Med. Burfeind, B.A. // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun95, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p10
Presents the history of the US Naval Air Station in Sigonella, Italy. Beginning in 1957; Spread of operations; Logistics support. INSET: Exotic Sicily..
- U.S. plans air base withdrawal in Japan. Mecham, Michael // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/22/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 17, p30
Reports that the United States plans to return the Futenma air base on Okinawa to local authority. The effect this will have on Marine helicopter, AV-8B Harrier and KC-130 tanker operations.
- What U.S. forces in Panama mean to your kids. Jeffrey, Terence P. // Human Events;07/31/98, Vol. 54 Issue 29, p3
Presents information on the activity at the Howard Air Force Base located in Panama. What the base is used for; Implications of the possible withdrawal of the base from Panama; Comments from United States Army Lieutenant Colonel Billy Anderson.