Direct reporting units
- Personnel facts. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p42
Presents personnel data from the United States Air Force, compiled as of fiscal year 1998. Active duty and civilian strength; Marital status; Enlisted and officer strength; Assignments; Commissioning source; Population by gender; Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard Strength; Enlistment...
- USAF clashes with navy, army over roles. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/31/1994, Vol. 141 Issue 18, p25
Discusses the United States Air Force's (USAF) reshuffling of roles and missions. Visibility of Army and Navy systems; Consolidation of space and theater missile defenses (TMD); Effect of the Commission on Roles and Missions on the Air Force.
- Pacific Air Forces. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p21
Provides an overview of the United States Air Force's Pacific Air Forces. Mission; Responsibilities; People; Flying hours; Organizational structure.
- Out of Balance Workforce Could Impact Future Readiness. Hiller, Cynthia // Program Manager;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p102
Reports that the civilian workforce which is not meeting the United States Air Force needs and its implications on readiness problems, according to Air Force officials. Issues facing the Air Force civilian workforce; Decline in the number of employees; Effect of reductions due to changes in...
- WAR Trophies. Babin, Chance // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2003, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p8
Points out that trying to bring back war trophies from a conflict area could land U.S. Air Force reservists in the commander's office or in jail. Definition of war trophy as any item of enemy public or private property used as war material acquired within a combat zone; Need for a written...
- PEACEKEEPERS ON THE MOVE. // Airman;Fall2005, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p50
No abstract available.
- Since 1990. // Airman;Sep2007 Special Issue, Vol. 51, p30
A photo essay which documents significant events involving the U.S. Air Force since 1990 is presented.
- Communications Law. // Reporter;Mar99, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on the functions of the United States Joint Technical Architecture-Air Force (JTA-AF) in defining the information technology standards of the Air Force. Circumstances prompting the creation of the JTA-AF; Background on the interoperability standards set by the JTA-AF for all computer...
- Air Force remake. // Christian Science Monitor;8/17/98, Vol. 90 Issue 184, p12
Lauds efforts by the United States Air Force to transform itself into a more efficient and effective fighting force for the changing international community in the late 1990s. The importance of agility for armed forces; What is motivating the Air Force's transformation; The changing role for...